Juwon Young

mendiso30

Freshman
Status says with the U till death to us part, three more days! This kid is gonna be a stud for us. Good to see some of these recruits solid to the U not just the coach.

Advertisement
92.jpg

Advertisement
he doesnt really have good offers. i am more excited for owens.

Nice post.

Just kidding

/I called you a fa-got and it was deleted. This is not me calling you a fa-got, just me letting you know I originally did, but it was removed.

Last edited:
******* pumped for Young to get on campus and ******* ball out. Pumped to hear him saying that, hope the rest of the class has this mindset

We need more kids like this... who dont care who's coaching them... they just want to WIN for there school...

Advertisement
he doesnt really have good offers. i am more excited for owens.

He has a great offer...from the U.

I'm surprised at the stupidity of some of our fans. Because we were the only ones who gave him a bigtime offer, he must suck, right?

The greatness of our program was built on kids no one else wanted. When I was first getting connected to the Athletic Department, back when I as active in the Hurricane Club, and other activities, I had a long talk with one of the officials in the Hecht Center and he explained to me how our program was built. The leading example he mentioned of the kid no one else wanted was Jerome Brown. He was a Parade All American, but a kid that had been up to no good in HS. Apparently other schools shied away. We were the beneficiaries. If you knew anything about how the program was built, how we recruited, you would know the real history. We even lost a lot of the top south Florida players. What turned it around was getting Lester Williams in the late '70's, and he was still an exception, and Bratton and Highsmith in '83. We lost the third of that great trio, Tommy Streeter's father, to Colorado in '83. Even after that, we still had trouble getting blue-chip players consistently. I think the first really great national blue chip player we got was Jessie Armstead, and that was in '89, I believe. We lost most battles for state blue chippers to FSU, and we lost most battles nationally to everybody. Jimmy got the players that were spurned, we got the rejects, who worked harder than the blue chippers and those were the guys who took us to national championships.

Advertisement
Back