Justin Fuente

AUcane

All-ACC
Premium
Is he a possibility? Not enough of a proven commodity?

Turning Memphis around (they really sucked before he got there)

Coached at TCU under Patterson

Tireless worker

etc. etc.

Advertisement
Someone will snap him up soon. I have a feeling he's going to be a big time guy, but he might be too much of a risk at this point.

Advertisement
Definitely worth an interview.

If Godlens hadn't ****ed up the 'turned around ****** program' card, I'd be all in. That said, he did actually win his conference.

Dude can coach..

Too close to a Golden, although he is better.

We need a Sure Shot. Butch is the Only SAFE Sure Shot..............Let Butch Groom the next HC.

Although UNC did not win a Title, BD developed a sh*t load of NFL talent there.

Put BD back in Miami, the is sky the limit.

Again, not knocking Fuentes.

Advertisement
Someone will snap him up soon. I have a feeling he's going to be a big time guy, but he might be too much of a risk at this point.

I think you're right. UM admin will be too gunshy to take a chance on this guy. But, I think this guy is headed for good things. Now that Memphis is in a big(ger) conference, he'll get more exposure to get a big(gish) gig.

Advertisement

I think you're right. UM admin will be too gunshy to take a chance on this guy. But, I think this guy is headed for good things. Now that Memphis is in a big(ger) conference, he'll get more exposure to get a big(gish) gig.

He's already done more at Memphis than Folden did at Temple. I feel like he's clearly better than Folden, but I haven't studied the situation closely enough.

Did he close the gap in that **** conference by coaching guys up and installing great schemes and philosophy, or did he merely close the talent gap with good recruiting like Folden did at Temple?

I'd have to delve into it deeper to figure that out, but Memphis was an absolute toilet of a program. And I wouldn't automatically write off a candidate from a lower level just because Folden duped us. Dig deeper this time, and don't just accept the "he turned around ____" line of bull.

Risky but he had an interesting year for Memphis.

2014: 9-3 (7-1)

3 Losses:

@ #11 UCLA 35-42
@ #10 Ole Miss 3-24
Houston 24-28

He didn't play UCF or East Carolina and his best win is against Cincinnati. It will be interesting to see how they do in the bowl game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back