Just thinking about this, but what a difference a year makes

i think the staff showed a little bit of inexperience and kind of panicked/over reacted with squib kick. they were anxious for the game to be over but there was about 5 min left.

we had been covering great all day too. should have treated that series like any other series of the game. the squib and prevent defense was awful at that point but I bet that AG realizes that now and it wont happen again

Advertisement
The squib kick was the right call. Burns more time off the clock and provides better coverage.

Problem was we kicked it right at a Gator's back. If you go back and see, it literally hits him in the back. Bad luck really is all it was.

The squib kick was the right call. Burns more time off the clock and provides better coverage.

Problem was we kicked it right at a Gator's back. If you go back and see, it literally hits him in the back. Bad luck really is all it was.

I don't know if it was the best call, we all know we can't afford a return touchdown (takes minimal time and gives them the opportunity of an onside kick QUICKLY). Unless you can guarantee a touchback, which you can't, you want to limit the return as much as possible.

Agree with those saying the problem was more in the execution than the idea. It was just a bad squib kick.

A bigger concern I had was our front line on the onside kick attempt. Was the really our best "hands" unit?

Advertisement
Back