Just remember

Sometimes the best game plan is no match for a team with the best talent AND better game plan. This is Saban we are talking about, no matter what Manny came up with he came up with something better. As I said the next two weeks will be more telling. If UF loses to Bama 45-7 or something like that that’ll show it’s not us. If we are 2-1 in a few weeks we are in good shape.
Florida is going to get destroyed. They can't throw and their running game will be destroyed. 42-14

Advertisement
Sometimes the best game plan is no match for a team with the best talent AND better game plan. This is Saban we are talking about, no matter what Manny came up with he came up with something better. As I said the next two weeks will be more telling. If UF loses to Bama 45-7 or something like that that’ll show it’s not us. If we are 2-1 in a few weeks we are in good shape.
No, but you have to show some kind of heart. And it was lacking from coaches to some of the players. Bama gone be Bama but for Christ sake punch back. They may thrash the rest of their schedule but believe the teams will be better prepared and go in with the mindset of winning the game.

Man y'all can say it as many as times as you want but this is not the same Alabama team last year that rolled thru OSU and TAMU. All the best players from that team are in the NFL and Bama came in this game with new starters at most positions. Only someone delusional was expecting to beat Bama yesterday but we are at least hoping it wouldn't be a classic Manny Diaz big game performance where we're completely outmatched from the first snap.

They aren't yet, but it's still Bama and Saban.

He has yet to lose a season opener at Bama.

His margin of victory in season openers, 29.7 points.

He has beaten 4 teams ranked in the top 10 during that span. Two others were ranked inside the top 20.

He has covered the spread every single time but one in his entire career in opening games.

They literally reload and many have said it, but his second team could compete for the ship yearly if they could field two teams. They have reloaded year after year.

Their second team would beat us. Their 3rd team, maybe we could make it a game.

He really is

hard to believe but Golden and Shannon wouldn’t have lost to FIU
Golden and Shannon would find a way to beat fiu.

Anyone defending manny at this point is beyond retarded.

I wish Manny was a good coach. Why wouldn't i? Guess what. Hes not good and isnt even a good defensive coordinator.

I mean go watch last year's national championship and see if OSU lost with class lol. In person you could see bama was all time. 10 year NFL vet HC calling plays for bama on O and their defense was unworldly. The 3-4 is unstoppable with 6-5 260 OLBs. I dont know what you expected. I just wanted to cover the spread.

Our team isnt as bad as you all think.
Our team is worse than we think.

Advertisement
no it's not. it's just not as good as most fans think

Precisely. I know we have a segment that believe the program can compete for national titles, which Miami no longer does. Then another that thinks we can compete for ACC titles, which Miami never really has.

It's more about kicking back and enjoying our young players develop into good men and perfectly equipped for life after football

But it is US, we crapped the bed.
UF be damned..

Advertisement
Golden and Shannon would find a way to beat fiu.

Anyone defending manny at this point is beyond retarded.

I wish Manny was a good coach. Why wouldn't i? Guess what. Hes not good and isnt even a good defensive coordinator.
Manure should hire a good DC asap..

I'm honestly not upset with the players whatsoever.

I'm ****ed at the way we called the game. Our players weren't going to win that game, but they could've shown more if they were led to do so.

I'm dead serious when I say I could've called a better offensive game than Lashlee did. Enough to win, no, but enough to look like we have a pulse.
That was the biggest issue. All the runs up the middle to no effect. It won’t work against Alabama, so why keep doing it?

You know, he should have had the courage of his convictions and just done it the rest of the game. It had as much chance of success the entire game as it did in the first quarter.

They’re going by recruiting rankings. If 247 was always right, Hall and Silvera would be All Americans.

Last years Bama team would destroy this years. Stop looking for excuses and just admit it was another national spotlight embarrassment.

We just played what 247 sports called the MOST talented team of all time. Not to mention possibly the best coaching staff. Bama beat both TAMU & OSU 52-24 last year and both are top 10 teams.

Remember we lost to a historically GREAT team. We didn’t lose to UF, UGA, Oregon or even LSU. We lost to BAMA (a team that steamrolls plentyyyyy of teams)

yesterday: 16# LSU lost to UCLA 38-27
#20 Washington lost to Montana 13-7
#2 OU BARELY beat TULANE 40-35
18# Iowa SMACKED 17# Indiana 35-6
#3 Clemson gained a whole TWO rushing yards and scored 3 points against UGA (we gained 88 on Bama WHICH isnt good at all but their front 7 is most likely the best in the country BUT the #3 team gaining TWO YARDS and scoring ZERO TDS (even Miami could do that). But my point is all those fan bases should have more reason for outrage than for a team who just lost to the 1# team in a way most expected.

I get being upset at yesterday because trust me I was furious. But to call us the same ole canes, calling for Manny to be Fired, King average, Defense terrible etc.. is completely uncalled for. We knew what this was walking into it. We can’t all of a sudden act surprised at the outcome.

Next two weeks we play App state & Michigan state who both have shown they are solid teams. If you wanna get upset at manny wait to see how the next two weeks unfold. 11-1 is still VERY possible. UNC has many weaknesses and is not who they were last year, V tech has a mistake prone offense, NC state seems to be our biggest challenge up till now and we get them at Home.
Keep your heads up Canes fans! Long season ahead and many Wins yet to be had!
It is NOT the most talented team of all time...Stop it...it's not even Bama's most talented team. I can name 4 UM teams that were more talented...

Advertisement
That was the biggest issue. All the runs up the middle to no effect. It won’t work against Alabama, so why keep doing it?

You know, he should have had the courage of his convictions and just done it the rest of the game. It had as much chance of success the entire game as it did in the first quarter.

Probably because he's a stubborn ****, most coaches are. They're like leopards, they don't change their spots.

That and he coached his normal game all through fall practice. All that dumb RPO crap and delayed handoffs with a QB who can't run yet or is justifiably nervous to do so, and an OL that is getting blown up.

The **** bubble screens issued me off as well. More physical team, corners all jacked up, and run that expecting great success. Great idea. They also had two safeties back there to help and we're going to put four receivers out, 3 on one side bunch formation with single on the other side. Get out of here with that crap, you played yourself with it.

The team came out just how they have come out to play FIU, LA Tech, GT, LSU etc. Manny Diaz isn’t it. you guys will continue to ignore the problem because he will somehow recruit 5 stars but he won’t be able to do anything with them Bc he can’t coach n he can’t lead. No discipline, no imagination, no heart n a wanna be. Also no commitment from admin to take football seriously. Next week we may out talent MS but you will still see problems that if aren’t corrected it’s gonna bite us in the a**. I predict Diaz gone by mid season or end of season. No sense of extending him.

Advertisement
We just played what 247 sports called the MOST talented team of all time. Not to mention possibly the best coaching staff. Bama beat both TAMU & OSU 52-24 last year and both are top 10 teams.

Remember we lost to a historically GREAT team. We didn’t lose to UF, UGA, Oregon or even LSU. We lost to BAMA (a team that steamrolls plentyyyyy of teams)

yesterday: 16# LSU lost to UCLA 38-27
#20 Washington lost to Montana 13-7
#2 OU BARELY beat TULANE 40-35
18# Iowa SMACKED 17# Indiana 35-6
#3 Clemson gained a whole TWO rushing yards and scored 3 points against UGA (we gained 88 on Bama WHICH isnt good at all but their front 7 is most likely the best in the country BUT the #3 team gaining TWO YARDS and scoring ZERO TDS (even Miami could do that). But my point is all those fan bases should have more reason for outrage than for a team who just lost to the 1# team in a way most expected.

I get being upset at yesterday because trust me I was furious. But to call us the same ole canes, calling for Manny to be Fired, King average, Defense terrible etc.. is completely uncalled for. We knew what this was walking into it. We can’t all of a sudden act surprised at the outcome.

Next two weeks we play App state & Michigan state who both have shown they are solid teams. If you wanna get upset at manny wait to see how the next two weeks unfold. 11-1 is still VERY possible. UNC has many weaknesses and is not who they were last year, V tech has a mistake prone offense, NC state seems to be our biggest challenge up till now and we get them at Home.
Keep your heads up Canes fans! Long season ahead and many Wins yet to be had!
Ok Mrs Diaz.

Or is it Mrs Blake?

I respect your position, but strongly disagree with the theme.

Our Canes, per usual, are a broken program top to bottom.

Average is the best ceiling possible

What upset me most was the Bama RB I think it was Sanders he had on a mouthguard that said Florida Boy. Anyone else notice?

I think the main problem was that it looked like if bama was interested in scoring 100 they could have. The game wasn’t competitive for one single second and that’s coarching
Yep my dumbass fell for it again, I thought our experience would make us competitive, I even broke down and bought a ticket to the game last minute, not that I thought we would win but was hoping we wouldn’t be overmatched. One drive into the game and I realized I was wrong

Advertisement
Back