Just in case you needed to feel how good it was again...

CANEFAN83

Sophomore
I watched another time and I hope we can get to this point again soon. One of the best performances in particular the 2nd half miami played very well even with Omier in foul trouble mid way through the 2nd half. Miller was amazing, Wong was clutch too. Can't underestimate their losses to the team.

I know you have seen it already countless times, but I just needed to watch and feel how good it was again. Go canes!

Advertisement
It's not a national title, but in college basketball, a Final 4 is about as validating as it gets. That banner will hang forever. I think Final 4 teams get rings, too.

Arguably the biggest win for UM athletics since the 2001 Rose Bowl.
Easily, the biggest win since then. The entire run was beyond gratifying and rekindled my alumni enthusiasm.

I watched another time and I hope we can get to this point again soon. One of the best performances in particular the 2nd half miami played very well even with Omier in foul trouble mid way through the 2nd half. Miller was amazing, Wong was clutch too. Can't underestimate their losses to the team.

I know you have seen it already countless times, but I just needed to watch and feel how good it was again. Go canes!

I watch one game highlight a week from this year’s tournament run.

Title of this thread reminded me of a text I sent my ol' lady...

Mark Wahlberg Movie GIF

Advertisement
It's not a national title, but in college basketball, a Final 4 is about as validating as it gets. That banner will hang forever. I think Final 4 teams get rings, too.

Arguably the biggest win for UM athletics since the 2001 Rose Bowl.
if we had drawn SDSU or FAU, I think we would have been playing in the title game. UCOnn was just too good

if we had drawn SDSU or FAU, I think we would have been playing in the title game. UCOnn was just too good
FAU would've been an interesting match-up, high scoring game. However, I don't like the match-up with SDSU. They got oak trees over there and experience. SDSU has a good basketball program.

FAU would've been an interesting match-up, high scoring game. However, I don't like the match-up with SDSU. They got oak trees over there and experience. SDSU has a good basketball program.
they do, I just think we would have beaten them. when I sat there in Houston that night, I think we would have had a better chance.e

Advertisement
Couple thoughts after watching the highlights.

Jordan Miller played one of the best games in the history of the NCAA tourney. Laettner, Bill Walton, Miller in the same breath.

Bill Raftery maybe my favorite college basketball announcer of all time. I will watch games just to listen to him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UConn was the only team playing better than UM at the point in the season. The other final 4 teams were good but we had them. No team had UConn
And we proved it on the court.
Somewhere in the telecast...."Texas and Houston are the highest seeded teams left in the tourney".
Well, we took care of that.

Advertisement
Back