Just double checking…away tickets

Always have wanted to go to Cal. This year I'm only going to Syracuse game.

Got Bermuda, Oswego NY/Finger Lakes/Syracuse game, and Boston trip on schedule.

Next year going to attend ND game.
That sounds like a fun trip planned. Is the ND game in south bend or “neutral site” next yr?

Advertisement
Has anybody gone to GaTech for a UM game? How was it? Thinking of taking a road trip up there for the game.
yes. its fine. stadium is w.e. its a nice really part of the city now where EVERYTHING is in terms of bars, restaurants, etc. safe area too. easy to get in and out walk wise. youll struggle if you dont uber and expect to find parking. their stadium is in the heart of a city. their fans are pretty good. they know their place. theyre not obnoxious when i went.

Advertisement
Has anybody gone to GaTech for a UM game? How was it? Thinking of taking a road trip up there for the game.

The experience in 2022 was fantastic. Cold, but fantastic.

I went to the big Canes United tailgate. It was on the EAST side of 75/85, but there is a very cool tunnel that goes under the interstate, and a ton of people (UM and GT) were just walking to the stadium that way.

Stadium is CURRENTLY being renovated, they had part of the road blocked off when I went to the UM-GaTech baseball games last week. Not sure if they will be done by football season. UM fans sat mostly in the endzone and one corner, but the views were great, and the GaTech fans were great.

I would definitely road trip to the game.

There are a number of CIS folks coming up for the game this fall. Depending on the gametime and the weather, I am looking into arranging an event that is NOT tailgate related. If it's a night game, I might get everyone to do a lunch get-together at Ladybird. Or maybe brunch, though that can be a TOUGH ticket in Atlanta, brunch is a full-contact sport.

I'm posting a Google map snapshot that shows where the CanesUnited Tailgate was, where the tunnel under 75/85 is, and where GaTech allocated the UM tickets for 2022. Not sure if there will be any changes, they are currently renovating the east side of the stadium.

1715284016550.png

yes. its fine. stadium is w.e. its a nice really part of the city now where EVERYTHING is in terms of bars, restaurants, etc. safe area too. easy to get in and out walk wise. youll struggle if you dont uber and expect to find parking. their stadium is in the heart of a city. their fans are pretty good. they know their place. theyre not obnoxious when i went.

Just FYI, if you want, there's quite a bit of parking east of 75/85. The walk was incredibly easy. Just let me know if you need any guidance closer to gameday.

Also, if you are looking for places to go/eat...

I'm sure that @Fluffhead will get a laugh out of this, but this is my Google Maps...

There are at least three great areas to hit nearby, two of which are on the Beltline (walking/biking trail).

1. Krog Street Market - probably my favorite area, plus it's got a Salty Donut (founded by UM alums)
2. Ponce City Market - the favorite spot for tourists (and a lot of locals too), be sure to check out the rooftop
3. InterLock/West Midtown - lots of newer thngs over here, including Miller Union

1715284698180.png

Advertisement
My first UM game was at GaTech ‘08. My junior yr of high school. Jacory Harris & Robert Marve were splitting reps at QB. Been to every game since at GT. Love the turnout of canes fans every year. The stadium is right off 75/85 in the middle of the city. So much so close to the stadium. You can walk to the varsity (overrated) or the cheetah. 2 levels stadium , honestly not a bad seat anywhere. The hurricane club seats are always corner touchdown sections on UM sideline. The stadium is old hopefully the renovations will upgrade bathrooms and the concrete seating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back