JUCO moving Football to the Spring

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20200710-110206_Twitter.jpg

Man I bet a lot of those D1 Bounce Backs are ****ed

Advertisement
I feel bad for Realus George. I think he already got another D1 offer from Old Dominion though so hopefully he just heads straight there.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the young men that wanted to get a season in and graduate in December to be D1 eligible spring semester. The ones that just need a little bit of academic work will be fine I guess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure what good pushing season off until spring does. Wasn't it spring an couple months ago and the virus was ranging? Doesn't the concept of herd immunity require about 50% of the population to be exposed, contact and survive the virus? Logic would dictate that the majority of those survivors will be young people, so why not get this over with. If we keep everyone hiding how do we get the herd thing working?

I looked at TX numbers this morning and noticed that 80% of hospital beds are occupied. I am not certain but I think that is actually about normal. Importantly, only about 20% of those were by China virus patients. So China virus is responsible for about 16% of the hospital beds have China casualty in them. We don't hear that stats because it does not serve the desired purpose. In FL, where things seem worse, the ED visits for flu like symptoms are increasing and the ED visits for China virus have been falling. That is strange but the fact that we don't hear about is to be expected.

According to the gods of medical experts, the entire purpose of the shut down was to "flatten" so that China virus would not "collapse" the medical system they had build before the flu season arrived. It was never, according to what they said, about saving lives from China virus but rather so the system could deal with whatever flu comes out of China this year. Seems like we succeeded. If China virus is not collapsing the medical system then stop playing games with our lives and our kids to suit your personal desires. It is actaully good news that you people are getting the virus and surviving. Us old farts need to stay in our little bubbles but let the rest of the country move on. We handled the 60s, 70's civil unrest, draft, Nam, aids, double digit inflation and home mortgage interest rates, constant threat of nuclear destruction and managed to bring down the USSR without a war. I think we can handle staying the fu** out of the way for another year.

I'm not sure what good pushing season off until spring does. Wasn't it spring an couple months ago and the virus was ranging? Doesn't the concept of herd immunity require about 50% of the population to be exposed, contact and survive the virus? Logic would dictate that the majority of those survivors will be young people, so why not get this over with. If we keep everyone hiding how do we get the herd thing working?

I looked at TX numbers this morning and noticed that 80% of hospital beds are occupied. I am not certain but I think that is actually about normal. Importantly, only about 20% of those were by China virus patients. So China virus is responsible for about 16% of the hospital beds have China casualty in them. We don't hear that stats because it does not serve the desired purpose. In FL, where things seem worse, the ED visits for flu like symptoms are increasing and the ED visits for China virus have been falling. That is strange but the fact that we don't hear about is to be expected.

According to the gods of medical experts, the entire purpose of the shut down was to "flatten" so that China virus would not "collapse" the medical system they had build before the flu season arrived. It was never, according to what they said, about saving lives from China virus but rather so the system could deal with whatever flu comes out of China this year. Seems like we succeeded. If China virus is not collapsing the medical system then stop playing games with our lives and our kids to suit your personal desires. It is actaully good news that you people are getting the virus and surviving. Us old farts need to stay in our little bubbles but let the rest of the country move on. We handled the 60s, 70's civil unrest, draft, Nam, aids, double digit inflation and home mortgage interest rates, constant threat of nuclear destruction and managed to bring down the USSR without a war. I think we can handle staying the fu** out of the way for another year.

"Handled" lmao

My generation cant thank yall enough for handling all these issues and leaving us in such a great social and economic spot.

Herd immunity is based on the fact that youre actually immune from catching it again and the length of that immunity. Neither one of those have supportive data to support an effective herd immunity strategy.

Can u imagine what the hospitals would look like if domestic air travel wasnt 70-80% down and entertainment venues were operating.

Advertisement
"Handled" lmao

My generation cant thank yall enough for handling all these issues and leaving us in such a great social and economic spot.
Nice to be appreciated. I get your point but at least you don't have to hear about the "Greatest Generation" leaving you the Garden of Eden. I do remember the big secret meeting we had back in '85 to discuss what to do about the next generation. We decided our kids had it too easy and kind of sucked and since we had given the world The Miami Hurricanes, we could take the next 50 years off as a well deserved vacation. If you guys can get us just one more NC before we go it would be nice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back