Jordan makes Mackey Award watch list

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Junior tight end Brevin Jordan was selected to the watch list for 2020 John Mackey Award recognizing the nation’s top tight end, it was announced Friday.

Jordan, who was one of three finalists for the Mackey Award as a sophomore, was a first-team All-ACC selection a season ago. The Las Vegas native ranked third on the team in receptions (35) and second in receiving yards (495) despite missing three games due to injury.

Jordan, who was a second-team All-ACC selection as a true freshman in 2018, has totaled 67 receptions for 782 yards with six touchdowns in his two seasons at The U. He has started 22 of a possible 26 games in his two seasons.

Jordan is the fourth Hurricane to be recognized this preseason, joining redshirt senior quarterback D’Eriq King (Davey O’Brien Award), redshirt senior defensive end Quincy Roche (Chuck Bednarik Award) and redshirt sophomore defensive end Gregory Rousseau (Bednarik).

Advertisement
He gotta stay healthy, otherwise -- and it pains me to say this -- Pitts is the guy.
Pitts had 154 more yards and 3TD's in 19 more catches and 3 or 4 more games. Without actually playing a traditional tight end role.

Brevin averaged 14 a catch, and pitts 12. When Pitts didn't have to block a cold.

I'll take Brevin, just keep him healthy.

Advertisement
Pitts had 154 more yards and 3TD's in 19 more catches and 3 or 4 more games. Without actually playing a traditional tight end role.

Brevin averaged 14 a catch, and pitts 12. When Pitts didn't have to block a cold.

I'll take Brevin, just keep him healthy.
lol man you talking like I said Pitts was better. Of course Brevin is better. But Pitts stays on the field.

Brevin gotta stay on the field.

Pitts vs Jordan head to head...

Pitts 3 rec for 33 yards avg 11.0 per catch

Jordan 5 rec for 88 yards 1 touchdown... avg 17.6 per catch. Jordan also had to stay in and block a ton because of our oline

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back