Johnathan Calvin 247 update

Defensive end Johnathan Calvin is a native of Jackson, Mississippi, and he has stayed in his home state following high school. Calvin found his way to Copiah-Lincoln Community College , less than an hour from home, where he’s now in line to graduate early.

-Says “I was ineligible, I didn’t have the grades out of high school to attend a D-1 college,” “I wasn’t going to class as much as I should have been. Now I have a 2.9 GPA and I need only eleven more hours to graduate. I could really be done in the summer but I have to take classes during the season.”

-(6-4, 255) is appreciative enough of getting a second chance that he has to make the most out of it.

-Says “I feel real good about all the offers, I didn’t expect that,” “I saw Alabama come by and that’s when I knew everything was going good. I’m very grateful for getting a chance to turn it around and do better. I’ve really developed in the classroom and on the field with how much I work.”

-had 29 tackles and 5.5 sacks this past season, said he has looked up to Jadeveon Clowney for the last two years.

-Says “I got all types of styles, sometimes I can use speed and other times I go with power,” “I used to be just a pass rusher but now I’ve become a run stopper as well. I’m going to improve my vision though so I can see more of what’s happening.”

-BCS offers from Arizona State, Auburn, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas State, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, TCU, Texas A&M, and West Virginia .

-Says “I plan on committing in July to get it over with,” “I’ll start taking my official visits this summer to the ones that I’m the most interested in. I got to set them up with Auburn , Texas A&M, and Tennessee . Miami offered today and we were talking about taking a trip there.”

-Says “Coach Franklin messaged me on Twitter saying to call ASAP,” “He left his number and he said I was the dude he just watched on film. I had never talked to anyone at Miami before but he said he loved my tape. I had just finished up working out at the time so I called my parents to give them the good news.”

-happened to cross paths with somebody who knows a thing or two about Miami .

-Says “I know Ray Lewis played there and I had a teammate who was just there too,” “Gabe Terry came here after he got kicked out of Miami. I know he was telling some of us during the season how cool of a place it is. I figured he was probably a good person to hear about it from because he actually went there

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...vin-Considering-an-Official-to-Miami-28765542

Advertisement
I wonder if them extending him an offer today has anything to do with what the staff feels their chances of landing Arden are...

thataboy GT!! lol, hopefully he tells him to stay away from the crowd he was hanging with.

**** he is hearing about UM from Gabe Terry after he was kicked out, hmmmm. Let's see how this plays out, I like the offer to player deep in $EC territory.

Go Canes

128.gif

Hope Gabe continues doing this!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back