2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid has probably been sold on UGA for a long time and Addae was the only reason we had a slight chance. Just my guess
This combined with the opportunity of early playing time for defending champs. Kirby is a DB guy and ain’t going anywhere, Addae might. Seems the motive is to be 3 and done Uga was the business option.

Advertisement
No CAP homie how close were we at the end were we a close second because of coach Addae, or were we never really in it

The narrative goes like this. When we win a recruit it's because we overpaid. When we lose one it's because we were never in it or because the other school is better at development. None of the above is true BTW:)

Advertisement
Joenel as I said months ago was always UGA! Miami made it really hard to say no to. Some felt like we had a slight edge. But once again, Georgia told the family whatever you’re offered we will go far over. It’s what it is
Thanks. I don’t understand why people are having a hard time understanding that we are being outbid for recruits just as we outbid teams for Mauigoa, Wayne and Aguirre. And I suspect we had to go back to the NIL drawing boards to find some more money or Bryant and Bonsu.

And before someone comes crying about “I thought Mario was supposed to be the best recruiter”, the fact remains that good recruiting and 4am texts may overcome a few $$$, but hard work isn’t going to win if the money disparity is big enough.

And before someone says Aguero wanted to be developed by UGA, all these kids we are discussing will all make it to the NFL from any of the schools they are considering. A Top 50 recruit can make it to the NFL from just about any Power 5 university because the NFL will find them. ****, Travis Hunter knows he will make the league from JSU.

NIL doesn’t mean we will get everyone we want. But what it more importantly will do is stop Bama or any other school from getting everyone they want. In short, no scholl will get everyone anymore because schools will allocate NIL resources to different players. We put more money into some and we won. We didn’t have the same budget for Aguero and Alinen and we lost.

Money in recruiting is the the new rule. There will always be exceptions but they will be just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back