Joe Yearby 16 car 169 yds & two tds in win over homestead

Yearby, Powell and Edwards at RB. Coley, Waters, Berrios, Langham and Dixon at WR, Griffin and Dobard at TE. McDermott, Flowers, Valentine, Isidora, Gall and Gibbons on the OL. Olsen and Kaaya at QB. smdh.

grover, one problem valentine is a DT not an o-lineman

Advertisement
Thanks for the correction. I meant Darling. But it just shows we have so many talented linemen, doesn't matter which side of the ball. ... point is that we're stacked!!! Imagine Yearby's production when he doesn't even get touched until he's 3 yards through the hole and into the secondary?

kid is going to be very, VERY good here

I have a small sample size to go off of, but looking at the two, I think Yearby plays faster and is more explosive than Fortunette. I think Yearby should be the #1RB. Kid has exploded this season in terms of speed and size. Things are coming together for him in terms of physical maturity and it is finally catching up to his skill/vision.

As an aside, I have not seen Cook play defense. Would love to get some expert insight into his potential at CB. Seems intriguing given his elite speed.

Would you waste that size on a corner (and does he have the hips for it)? I imagine he would be at safety on the college level, but curious what others think.

Kid is a nightmare at Safety. He is an elite athlete that just happens to play RB. His skill set could used all over the field. All three phase.

Advertisement
The question is...does Cook even want to play defense? Has he gone on record saying what his position of choice is?

Regardless of what happens with Cook we're getting a good one in Yearby. Kid is a natural running back and is very impressive.

If I was Cook I'd play Safety. I know he's great with the ball in his hands but RB is a bad NFL position. Teams don't want to draft them very high, pay them very much, or keep them very long other than some notable exceptions. Play till youre 29, then walk with a cane in your 40's and have no knees. Not to say its a bad life, but if you could pick, Safety is a good position in the NFL where you can have some longevity.

If I was Cook I'd play Safety. I know he's great with the ball in his hands but RB is a bad NFL position. Teams don't want to draft them very high, pay them very much, or keep them very long other than some notable exceptions. Play till youre 29, then walk with a cane in your 40's and have no knees. Not to say its a bad life, but if you could pick, Safety is a good position in the NFL where you can have some longevity.

Absolutely.

I have a small sample size to go off of, but looking at the two, I think Yearby plays faster and is more explosive than Fortunette. I think Yearby should be the #1RB. Kid has exploded this season in terms of speed and size. Things are coming together for him in terms of physical maturity and it is finally catching up to his skill/vision.

Yearby was always very very good and his new found burst will make him elite, but let's not go overboard here. That kid Fournette, not fortunette, is on another level. It's unfair to compare any RB prospect since AP to him.......

Advertisement

Yearby was always very very good and his new found burst will make him elite, but let's not go overboard here. That kid Fournette, not fortunette, is on another level. It's unfair to compare any RB prospect since AP to him.......

I was close enough with the spelling lol. Just to clarify, Fournette is elite, no doubt. I have watched two games of his this season (which is why I said I have a small sample size), but I think what Yearby has done against the type of competition has looked better than Fournette. I am just really impressed with the difference in Yearby between his Junior and Senior year. Just so much more explosive and physically impressive.

As an aside, I have not seen Cook play defense. Would love to get some expert insight into his potential at CB. Seems intriguing given his elite speed.

Not an expert, but I like him better on offense. He's not overly physical on defense (like Duke was) and doesn't blow you away with his instincts. On offense, he is a threat to score on every snap.

This would be my take too. There is apparently talk that if he sticks with UF he may be a 2-way guy, similar to how we use Purifoy. Cook is apparently intrigued with playing corner and running back as well as all the return stuff. Hadn't heard that until recently.

Advertisement
Back