JJ Announces Who Will Present Him At HOF Induction

Advertisement
JJ and Aikman helped make each other Hall of Famers. Don't know if either gets there without the other.

You can't fake Troy's reaction when his coach gets the nod.

A perfect choice by Jimmy. Of course. He is a God.

Last edited:

Not surprised that Aikmen will present him but somewhat surprised Bradshaw will present him with his coat.

Not surprised Jerry Jones is not involved. LOL
Didn't JJ recruit Terry Bradshaw top LaTech? I know they are still friends.

Interesting, older article....

Advertisement
Real emotion fellas.
JJ shows his passion, so his players did not have to think , they responded to him as a Leader.
Placed his Coaches and players before himself, typical JJ.

Honestly, surprised JJ accepted having his name together with Jerry Jones in the Hall of Fame.

However, his name is also alongside Playmaker and many other Hurricanes. So I think that balances out.

Not surprised at all Troy got the nod over Jerry. A bit surprised he didn't choose Playmaker.
I know that QB/HC relationships are always special but Playmaker cross over to JJ's true love, THE U, makes him look like a better choice. Maybe JJ is just trying to make up for his team snapping Troy's leg like a twig.

Honestly, surprised JJ accepted having his name together with Jerry Jones in the Hall of Fame.

However, his name is also alongside Playmaker and many other Hurricanes. So I think that balances out.

Not surprised at all Troy got the nod over Jerry. A bit surprised he didn't choose Playmaker.
agree, actually surprised that JJ did not present #47 AND #47 PRESENT JJ

Advertisement
Definitely should’ve been #47. No doubt. I’m actually bothered it’s Aikmen over 47.

Recruited him to Miami
86 Canes
Fatigues game
National Title together
Super Bowls together

Advertisement

Not surprised that Aikmen will present him but somewhat surprised Bradshaw will present him with his coat.

Not surprised Jerry Jones is not involved. LOL

Not really a shock—as you're thinking about the decision from a fan's perspective; not real life.

We're defined by our closest friends in our current day-to-day—Jimmy working on CBS with Terry Bradshaw for years and building on a decades-long friendship.

JJ left Dallas over 25 years ago and hasn't had Jerry Jones in his day-to-day since. Same with his relationship with Troy Aikman; that's another lifetime ago—but it was the most-visible era of his life, so fan revert back to that time.

Terry has become his ride-or-die guy over the last few decades; a true peer, friend and brother. Makes complete sense he'd choose someone from this era of life—instead of someone he had a dynamic with a lifetime ago.

Not really a shock—as you're thinking about the decision from a fan's perspective; not real life.

We're defined by our closest friends in our current day-to-day—Jimmy working on CBS with Terry Bradshaw for years and building on a decades-long friendship.

JJ left Dallas over 25 years ago and hasn't had Jerry Jones in his day-to-day since. Same with his relationship with Troy Aikman; that's another lifetime ago—but it was the most-visible era of his life, so fan revert back to that time.

Terry has become his ride-or-die guy over the last few decades; a true peer, friend and brother. Makes complete sense he'd choose someone from this era of life—instead of someone he had a dynamic with a lifetime ago.
From that perspective, makes perfect sense.

It's always hard to evaluate the greatest when it comes to coaches, but I think you can put JJ in top 5 all time as a football HC. And trying to do so, objectively.

He was up and down at Oklahoma State but man, when he got here....it was for me like watching Bird/Magic or Jordan, or Federer/Nadal, etc. Just absolute greatness.

-You can conceivably argue he should have won the national championship 3 straight years here (no revisionist history here).
-You can also argue that Erickson's first NC was clearly a by product of the culture/team he inherited and almost the second one was a by-product of that culture, too (you could see Erickson's true program building skills at the end of his tenure when it started to slowly fall apart).
-The above two statements make him easily a top 10 cfb all time. Probably best ever if he stays 5-7 more years.

-Then at Dallas. Total genius when it came to building and motivating that team. He built a monster there. Two super bowl titles, and a third for Switzer again (like Erickson) all thanks to the team/culture JJ built. Dallas hasn't done much of anything since. Jerry Jones needs to admit to this.

-I still remember him with the Dolphins and thinking wow with him and an aging Marino would it work? Would he trade him to get any additional value? He rebuilt a lot of that roster/team, too, and they did make 3 straight playoffs. That was the last good run of Dolphins teams. Again, you can say (for a third time) that the successive coach benefited from what he built. A mediocre at best Wannstedt had two 11 win seasons and those were the last good Dolphin teams.

College? NFL? Everywhere he went from here onwards, he at the minimum, built very good teams. At his maximum he built not just championship teams but dynastic/culture/league altering teams. Top 5 all time. Easily.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back