Jim Larrañaga, Jordan Miller, Norchad Omier | Media Availability | 4.10.23

Advertisement
Summary of Coach L

-Doesn’t know if Wong is returning
-Sounds like Walker is gone no matter what
-Says they are looking for probably 2 transfers specifically a 4
-No transfer names mentioned
-Referred more than once to three departures but Miller, Walker, Aire, Jovanovich make 4
-Praised all freshmen for scout team
-Wooga should makes strides this offseason
-Joseph sounds more like a 6th man than starter
-Key to pt as a freshman is defence

Summary of Coach L

-Doesn’t know if Wong is returning
-Sounds like Walker is gone no matter what
-Says they are looking for probably 2 transfers specifically a 4
-No transfer names mentioned
-Referred more than once to three departures but Miller, Walker, Aire, Jovanovich make 4
-Praised all freshmen for scout team
-Wooga should makes strides this offseason
-Joseph sounds more like a 6th man than starter
-Key to pt as a freshman is defence
I don't think he counts Miller as "gone" - meaning transfer portal "gone". he did mention 3 guys in that 1300 players in the portal

Now with Beverly it's 4 in portal

Advertisement
A little disappointed to hear L mention only two transfers. Guess I don’t understand having less than full roster.
i bet you didnt like 2019-2021 when we didnt have enough for a 5-on-5 practice... if so, you are welcome to join me in the "Bev in portal" thread and get your head cut off for such questioning!

A little disappointed to hear L mention only two transfers. Guess I don’t understand having less than full roster.
Taking only 2 transfers would be a fail. Problem is, it’s hard to find quality transfers who will come here to be the 9th or so guy on the bench.

I was thinking the same thing...if for some reason wong leaves or maybe robinson then losing 5 or 6 guys and only bringing in 2 transfer and 1 freshman seems less than ideal

Jordan MIller’s parent should be very proud of the young man they have raised. Wow.
He will be successful in life, regardless of what he does. And if he ever decides to be in coaching, UM needs to hire him yesterday.

Advertisement
What if I told you that the University of Miami basketball program was still recruiting HS players too? :)
Go On Coach GIF by Apple TV+

Advertisement
Back