JHH Portal signs with SMU

Not great, but it's not like we're losing Sapp or Jerome Brown. Sucks losing a veteran DT, but I haven't yet given up hope that we'll be able to snag a better veteran DT from the portal.

Advertisement
He's gonna get a fat check by some SEC team and play just as much as he would've at Miami.

Not a dumb move at all.

Fair enough, I'd be completely shocked if this kids basically starting at an upper echelon SEC "school".

Advertisement
Surprised by this one as I would think he would be a starter. Maybe the transfers Cook and the NC state kid already passed him up and more DT on the way?

I mean nothing to lose sleep over as he hasn’t been great but more of an issue with depth now. Miami needs two more DT in the portal cause you can’t depend on Moten, Horton or the true freshmen
Scott will be the man .

Advertisement
id ride out with my 5 stars instead of hunte
Just out of curiosity...

What happens if they're nowhere close to ready because they're 18 year olds going up against 22 and 23-year old men, and didn't have the spring period to get acclimated? What if teams pound the ever loving **** out of the rock on us/we have no pash rush up the middle? What if because of that, we end up going 8-4...wasting Cam Ward and Restrepo's final season (along with a slew of other impact players)?

Then what? Whoopsies?

Advertisement
He's gonna get a fat check by some SEC team and play just as much as he would've at Miami.

Not a dumb move at all.
I’m curious if someone will give him a fat check. We’re talking about a 280 ish defensive tackle who has averaged 20 tackles and 2 sacks per season. He’s undersized but isn’t a good pass rusher. He’s in his 6th season of college football so he’s not going to make some kind of jump at 23 years old. He’s a middle of the road ACC defensive tackle who should only be rotational depth on a good team. Is there a market for that?

Advertisement
I’m curious if someone will give him a fat check. We’re talking about a 280 ish defensive tackle who has averaged 20 tackles and 2 sacks per season. He’s undersized but isn’t a good pass rusher. He’s in his 6th season of college football so he’s not going to make some kind of jump at 23 years old. He’s a middle of the road ACC defensive tackle who should only be rotational depth on a good team. Is there a market for that?

Theres always going to be a market for 1 year stop gaps at DT. Most teams lack depth at that position and would love to take a plug and play guy (Even if hes coming off the bench as a depth guy).

Advertisement
Back