JHH Portal signs with SMU

Advertisement
Do we know how to back channel? I mean if you're offering a kid once they enter you dont have a chance especially if it's a premium position like the trenches

Ours and everyone else's. There are a ton of programs looking for upgrades right now and he's probably top 5 available at the position the second he jumps in.
Not sure how much money he’s going to be able to command. He’s essentially been a four year backup/rotational guy. We could have used him because we’re desperate but if we weren’t offering him enough I doubt someone else is going to offer much more.

I'm not worried. I have full faith in Mario
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Advertisement
Btw Gary says that there is no DT which we currently are "winning on" in the portal at the moment but "one might enter this week".

Also said that JHH probably leaves regardless in response to someone asking if the staff would let him go without a backup plan in place

Oh and seems gary think Campbell stays and he has been productive and has been getting stronger and bigger every day. TTFWIW
Gaby was also hyping up Campbell a little after the Spring game.

I'm thinking Gaby had an idea there would be some attrition on the DL which would force Campbell up the lineup and Gaby wanted to get a headstart there.

I see a future "I mentioned it after the Spring game when no one else was talking about it but Campbell is a guy that staff is really high on and they expect him to step up big time here this season" during one of the upcoming podcasts.

Scott and Jones are not typical true freshmen. Yes, ideally I would rather we not have to rely on them as much as we're going to have to, but these are ELITE kids. Jones especially from a strength side of things, I don't have any concerns at all about him holding up at the point of attack.

Again, do I expect these kids to be dominant and give us a Top 10 interior? Of course not. But your stars gotta be stars or else you're not going to get it done. Moten and Horton too...it's time, boys. Step the **** up. There are names and bodies here. Once again, this isn't perfect because they're not proven, but we have large humans on this roster who were recruited to play this position by a ton of schools, and then 2 more ******* freaks showing up in a month.

I think just 1 serviceable body out of the portal to take some decent snaps and we'll be OK. Also, we're due for one ******* year where the entire defensive front doesn't get decimated like the dudes at Normandy. Stay healthy, please.

If anyone is relying on Scott or Jones to hold their own and contribute 35+ snaps against grown 22 and 23 year-old men in Year 1…they’re huffing glue.

Especially without a spring. They’re already going to be behind when the Fall comes around. We’ve seen it every year.
Fair to point out. However if after years of this dude in a backup role or starters role we've seen his production and feel we should rely on him those same people would be huffing glue together. Obviously Bain is a unicorn. We should never expect that level of production from a teenager. That being said Justin Scott is **** close to a unicorn himself. He's not just a big kid cause he's built well(pause) he reminds me some of Vince in his younger years. I look forward to seeing this kid and jones by their junior years.

No sugar coating it this one stings. Thought he had a good year last year. Well...hope we get something good or we will be counting on young unproven players to contribute.

Advertisement
Scott and Jones are not typical true freshmen. Yes, ideally I would rather we not have to rely on them as much as we're going to have to, but these are ELITE kids. Jones especially from a strength side of things, I don't have any concerns at all about him holding up at the point of attack.

Again, do I expect these kids to be dominant and give us a Top 10 interior? Of course not. But your stars gotta be stars or else you're not going to get it done. Moten and Horton too...it's time, boys. Step the **** up. There are names and bodies here. Once again, this isn't perfect because they're not proven, but we have large humans on this roster who were recruited to play this position by a ton of schools, and then 2 more ******* freaks showing up in a month.

I think just 1 serviceable body out of the portal to take some decent snaps and we'll be OK. Also, we're due for one ******* year where the entire defensive front doesn't get decimated like the dudes at Normandy. Stay healthy, please.
Would be surprised if jones is ready. He didn’t exactly dominate last year in hs

DT's are at a premium right now and pool is pretty thin as far experienced/semi-productive players go. He's been hedging on staying/going for a bit now so while it was absolutely crappy timing, it's not like this was out of left field.
Definitely not out of left field. He started *****ing about his nil in season. Thin pool or not he's on the bottom tier of that pool.

Would be surprised if jones is ready. He didn’t exactly dominate last year in hs

I just don't think he'll be pushed around. There's more to playing the position than brute strength, so I'm not expecting him to be Bain or some freshman all-america. But on 3rd and 2 can he get into the A gap and not get blown 5 yards off the ball a few times a game? Should definitely be strong enough to.

Advertisement
If JHH was half as talented as the panic suggests he’d be in this year’s draft. Can we at least let the dust settle on the full roster for this season before ****ting ourselves?

Yes the position looks rough currently, but there is still another week of the portal plus closing on commitments.

First time dot gif

This has the potential to be disastrous. Once LT went down we were getting gashed even with JHH playing his best ball. Now both are gone, Burroughs got booted, Horton can’t stay healthy and we’re down to Clark, two midgets and some talented but young and inexperienced rising freshmen?! WOOF.

Let’s put down the bong with the Scott, Blount and Jones hype. They will be great I have no doubt. But for 2024 we need at least two difference makers out of the portal at DT and arguably another rotational guy.

Unbelievable… smh

Advertisement
Whelp that sucks… kid definitely saw a chance to use out thin depth chart to his advantage.

Not gonna knock the kid because I had him pegged as a starter and maybe at best a 2nd team all ACC type of player… he can still bounce back like bear did… oh well I’m sure Mario’s been working on this since he probably started getting sniffs of it

Advertisement
Back