JHH Portal signs with SMU

Advertisement
He did play well this spring. I mean ppl forget CB Porter wasn't good in 2022 but now he the man it be like that. Ppl got selective memories. Just like WR Kirk and that CB Feeney. Will they get a chance like Porter idk you can't label kids to fast.
yeah i was joking around. he looked ok in spring game. appeared to have spent some time in the weight room. kinda hoping that since he wasn't shown the door that the coaches r cautiously optimistic he can contribute this year.

but we need a big fat strong guy at DT (or two) something fierce though. with the depth we have at edge i suspect they planned to kick mesidor and bain inside on passing downs anyways, but if either of those guys have to play inside on early downs we're in deep ****.

This is simply unacceptable if it’s about nil money. This is a position of need we cannot afford to lose a starting quality DT. Pay the man even if it means over paying. You won’t get an upgrade in the portal.

You can’t renegotiate every 3 months without being ready to have someone call your bluff…

(Edit- to clarify I left this vague because it applies both to players AND staff. Some players asking for more or staff trying to cut your $ without saying your spot is gone. NIL is broadly still a **** show)

Last edited:
Advertisement
So it’s Clark and who starting inside?

Sheesh. Cook? He’s not a starter here. Can’t rely on the freshmen and Jones/Scott aren’t even here yet.
You don’t think Cook could start here? Any reason? Was highly rated out of portal (higher than Clark). I also believe he’s the strongest player on team.

Advertisement
If anyone is relying on Scott or Jones to hold their own and contribute 35+ snaps against grown 22 and 23 year-old men in Year 1…they’re huffing glue.

Especially without a spring. They’re already going to be behind when the Fall comes around. We’ve seen it every year.
@TouchMoney26 I could be wrong, but I think this may be pointed at you.

Which glue brand is your favorite so we can join you?

Advertisement
This is all about nil. He sees the deals these kids the last 2 years has got and he feels he should get something on par with them. Simply put, he shouldn't.

I'm glad the coaches stood their ground. JHH is a inconsistent mid DT. Granted he's the best of the average group right now, but adding most decent options would be a wash or a slight upgrade.

Advertisement
I think he’s using our DT situation as leverage. I don’t blame him because we don’t have many options but he’s an average player that likely isn’t going to get a big offer in the portal. Would not be surprised to see him back if we don’t upgrade. It hurts more because of the position than the player.

Good luck to the kid, right now he has an UDFA rating for the NFL and has been mid his whole career. I have watched every Canes game in his career here and I honestly can't remember him making a big play once in all that time. I'm sure there's something but I can't recall it, he will be easily replaced.

Advertisement
Back