2024 Jericho K Johnson, 4* DT/OT Offered

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Fairfield, CA? Means that he is probably a military kid (Travis AFB) and probably isnt locked into the west coast

Advertisement
Advertisement

- Fairfield (Cali.) Armijo Top247 defensive lineman Jericho Johnson was also in and was impressed by Miami after spending the full day around the program.

“It was dope. First time down south. I think they left a really good impression. Coaches, staff, all showed really good hospitality, really good love. I definitely enjoyed spending time with them, doing meetings with them. We were able to go over my film and I was able to get coaching from them. I’m taking that with me.”

During the spring game, Johnson saw his unit play a strong four quarters.

“They’re about the linemen making plays. A lot of schools, you’re here to help the linebackers make plays, but they’re all about the [defensive] line making plays and tackles for loss or sacks, so that’s what I appreciate.”

Now that Johnson has seen it for himself, the Hurricanes are firmly in the mix.

“I definitely think they could be a potential school I could come to. It’s beautiful out here - I loved the campus. Coaches, especially with Coach Taylor and Coach Joe having played in the NFL and them having a little bit of experience about that, so I’d be able to learn from them both.

Washington and Oregon are two who will get official visits and each will also host over the next week.

Fairfield (Calif.) Armijo defensive lineman Jericho Johnson wrapped up his Southern swing with an unofficial visit to Miami.

After going to Georgia earlier in the week, Johnson visited Miami and raved about his time there.

"The visit to Miami was cool," said Johnson. "I’m glad I was able to make the trip, I had a really great time."

Johnson said the coaches showed immediately how much they wanted him.

"The coaches showed a huge amount of love," said Johnson. "I felt very welcomed. I couldn’t tell you how many times they told me how excited and happy they were that I was able to make the trip."

He spent ample time with the Miami coaches on the visit.

"I met with coach (Jason) Taylor, coach Joe (Salave'a) and coach (Mario) Cristobal and a couple of others, but I was with those guys the most," said Johnson. "The staff is dope. I love their energy. They are always super hyped up and excited. They showed us a lot of love and hospitality."

He also enjoyed the city of Miami.

"Miami was beautiful," said Johnson. "I loved everything I saw. I loved the tropical vibes, the greenery and everything."

He'll be back on the road this week for a couple of Pac-12 stops.

"I’ll be in Oregon sometime this week I think at their practice on Thursday and then Washington for their spring game (on Saturday)," said Johnson.

Advertisement
“The forgotten one” has locked in OV for 6/16 weekend.

I’ve said it a million times, we literally cannot miss on this position this cycle. The net is far too wide.
Yes, genius recruiting effort. We have like 10 blue chip dudes we talk to regularly and who have been on campus.

Don’t know who we hit on at the top, but guys like Jericho and Artavius aren’t exactly consolation prizes. Legit DUDES!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back