Jeff Thomas

Advertisement
Not sticking up for Enos, but it’s Tough to get involved when he jogs his routes.
He probably jogs because he knows he’s just a decoy, Beanos isn’t calling a play that targets him. Both, Manolo and Beanos are known to play favorites.

He runs crappy routes, does nothing with the ball and generally plays like he doesn't give a ****.

The WRs on this roster are bad. Osborn is a JAG athlete. Harley is small and runs routes like a chicken with his head cut off. Also drops too many balls. Wiggins is as raw and inconsistent as it gets. Pope is right there with him. Both are soft. Payton looks impressive but doesn't get snaps so idk what the deal is there. He probably hasn't learned the playbook.

Enos gives the WRs every opportunity to make an impact. Reduced splits, stacks, bunches, etc. take away press coverage, provide a 2-way go and create natural picks dependending on the release and route combinations. The WRs have done **** all with that. This is the same stuff that the Rams and Bucs use to yield multiple 1000 yd receivers. But you have to play with some element of precision to take advantage.

You guys wanna go spread with wide splits and static isolation routes? I'd love to see Wiggins, Osborn and Thomas try to separate against 1on1 press coverage. I mean we already saw Richt's static spread fail miserably but let's give it another shot! Surely we can out talent teams with...mediocre talent.

I'm convinced that fans don't even know what offense Miami runs, what Miami has run under previous coaches, and what they're asking for going forward. They just hear buzzwords like "prostyle" and "spread" and think it's an easy dichotomy win button to compare 1 to the other. And know-nothing bloggers like Barry Jackson pander to it because they get their info from message boards.

Advertisement
He runs crappy routes, does nothing with the ball and generally plays like he doesn't give a ****.

The WRs on this roster are bad. Osborn is a JAG athlete. Harley is small and runs routes like a chicken with his head cut off. Also drops too many balls. Wiggins is as raw and inconsistent as it gets. Pope is right there with him. Both are soft. Payton looks impressive but doesn't get snaps so idk what the deal is there. He probably hasn't learned the playbook.

Enos gives the WRs every opportunity to make an impact. Reduced splits, stacks, bunches, etc. take away press coverage, provide a 2-way go and create natural picks dependending on the release and route combinations. The WRs have done **** all with that. This is the same stuff that the Rams and Bucs use to yield multiple 1000 yd receivers. But you have to play with some element of precision to take advantage.

You guys wanna go spread with wide splits and static isolation routes? I'd love to see Wiggins, Osborn and Thomas try to separate against 1on1 press coverage. I mean we already saw Richt's static spread fail miserably but let's give it another shot! Surely we can out talent teams with...mediocre talent.

I'm convinced that fans don't even know what offense Miami runs, what Miami has run under previous coaches, and what they're asking for going forward. They just hear buzzwords like "prostyle" and "spread" and think it's an easy dichotomy win button to compare 1 to the other. And know-nothing bloggers like Barry Jackson pander to it because they get their info from message boards.

But I thought we were loaded with talent. Any competent coach would clean up here, according to this board.

How many times has this board called Barry Jackson a clown?? Yet they agree with the bull**** article he came up with the other day. Most likely because Barry Jackson reads the thoughts of fans and saw spread spread spread...Under MR he did run a variation of spread with 12..we were depended on a lot of 1 v 1 routes. But our outstanding talent got locked down time after time..so then the message boards clamored we need more movement, motion and different formations, scheme our playmakers open and more personel usage. But the same issue remains up front that constantly kill drives inside the 20..Enos has employed spread concepts. He’s stayed multiple in his approach . We’ve geared mostly to a RS freshman’s strengths which is quick, intermediate mostly using the middle of field...all the top 30 offenses have good offensive lines. They all do better in the RZ because of the offensive line play. We have one of the worse oline is in the P5. A team that is very comparable to us as far as skill talent would be FSU. They run as true a spread offense as there is. But struggle in the RZ and go through sporadic droughts because of the play struggles the way it does..the dumbest thing I’ve read is ppl comparing us to UCF or Memphis as examples of what a switch to a spread offense would mean for us. The better comparison would be with FSU or UNC or Syracuse for the simple reason of we play similar comp, we have the same issues and all 3 are true spread teams..bottom line we are not a spread offense away from 35 plus...

truly what this all falls down too Is our fans overrating our skill talent/development. I disagree with you when u say our guys aren’t talented, they are. Problem is their development/work hasn’t caught up with their natural talent. That comes with culture. Who has Jeff Thomas learned from whil at Miami? He’s a JR now and is not close to being a leader in that group. You have a kid like Harley who is probably the least talented who’s taken on more of a leadership role in that room. But then who is Dee learning from? Who’s has been the example in That room for those kids to learn from. Learning how to not just depend on their talent at all times that we see splash. In this offense there has been plays to made that have not been taken advantage of throughout the year. Our most consistent WR from day 1 has been a buffalo transfer. That tells me all I need to knoe

Advertisement
This is one of those concepts that will grow legs on this board just because someone wrote it. There is literally nothing to support it.
This has absolutely been the case at the games I’ve been to the last few years. I guess you’ve had a different experience.

Maybe JT would have more memorable plays if he didn’t drop TDs and fumble kicks. JT’s attitude is preventing him more than Enos plays

Advertisement
TBH, he's just not that good. If he can't get open on the double move he ain't doing much, when they have featured him on possession style routes he puts the ball on the ground in key moments. He can connect on the double move from the slot, but he's most certainly not an nfl wideout at this moment.

Advertisement
Back