Jason Strowbridge 247 update

There aren’t too many uncommitted prospects who offer up much insight into how close they may have been to choosing a school. Deerfield Beach defensive end Jason Strowbridge hasn’t chosen anybody yet but he admitted he almost picked Miami the last time he was in Sun Life Stadium.

-Says “Actually it has crossed my mind to be honest, it did at the spring game,” “I decided it was best not to because I kept thinking about what my dad said. He always wanted me to take my time in choosing the best school possible. That’s how I was able to step back and wait.”

Just because Miami didn’t land him in April hasn’t done anything to diminish their desire of acquiring his services down the road.

-Says “We’re in touch every day over the phone and through Facebook,” “I’ve spoken with Coach Hurlie Brown a few times lately and Coach Al Golden too. It’s a blessing they’ve made me so much of a priority with how many prospects they look at.”

-isn’t locked into staying local but Miami’s proximity has given him access to their program that he doesn’t have anywhere else.

-Says “I know them very well, like the back of my hand really,” “If I did end up with Miami, I would already know the situation I was heading into. I don’t know any of the players on a personal level but I’m familiar with some of them. I probably ran across them at one point in time since they’re from this area.”

-The in-state Gators are also in the thick of things. has connections to Florida and that has kept his interest in them high.

-Says “The reason I like Florida is I have a lot of family in and around Gainesville,” “Some of them went there and I really like the campus when I’ve seen it. Brandon Powell being there plays a role too but that’s not a huge deal. It would be nice to link up with him again but I have to look out for myself first.”

-25 offers are highlighted by Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, Vanderbilt, and Virginia. He hasn’t been out of state yet but that will change this summer.

-Says “I should be going to Kentucky, Louisville maybe, Alabama, Tennessee, and Auburn,” “Then I’ll be able to narrow my list down right before the season starts. I’ll take the official visits after the season and I’m still deciding on exactly when the best time is to commit.”

-The evaluation period has seen his list double in size so the past six weeks have been a whirlwind of fresh attention.

-Says “It’s been crazy trying to figure out which school is the right fit with so many new offers,” “My coaches told me it would get like this and I was hoping so but I wasn’t sure if would actually happen. Now I stay in touch with all these coaches to see which ones I get along with the best.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Local-DE-Jason-Strowbridge-Considered-Choosing-Miami-28910082

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back