2025 Jarquez Carter 4* DT from Newberry, FL commits to OSU

I think at this point probably best we can hope for is:

DT: Elijah Griffin, Jarquez Carter, Randy Adirika or Floyd Boucard.
EDGE: Iose Epenesa, Herbert Scroggins, and maybe 1 more like Tylon Lee or Javeon Campbell or something.

That'd be pretty elite. I think odds are we don't get Griffin though. And maybe get Carter, Adirika, and maybe 2 more DTs like Walter Mathis.
I guess they may go boucard if griffin isnt a vp ot open the dt board.

If they are smart they get Carter and Adrika to go along with a jumbo type.

Edge of it were me it would be : Epenesa, Scroggins, Tylon Lee or try flip the fsu de from cocoa hilson...or pay attention early Sr year to Desir from Norland.

I would take 3 dts, 3 edges

Advertisement

Edge of it were me it would be : Epenesa, Scroggins, Tylon Lee or try flip the fsu de from cocoa hilson...or pay attention early Sr year to Desir from Norland.

So we're pretty much in alignment.
I could see us only going with 2 DTs or 2 EDGEs though (so 5 man class) just cause getting 3 of each likely puts us at 9-10 per position, which is a little heavy. We want about 17 across DT/EDGE.

I agree though we need a bigger body DT, which Boucard seems to be like the top guy for that spot were after.

Espenesa is 270 already,very likely he grows into a DT.

Advertisement
If thats the case Tylon Lee becomes even more of a priority at edge though i feel he is for them.

But Espenesa may just still be a jumbo edge.
I think he will stick at EDGE. He is definitely thick, but he doesn't seem "big" like a DT or future DT would at all to me. He is proportioned well.

I actually think we have the makings of a really good 3 man front for next season.

Big DE - Bain, mcconathy, Epenesa
NT - Artavius Jones, Moten
5t - Justin Scott, Blount, Josh Horton
Standup EDGE rusher- Lightfoot, Pickett, Bryant, Rudolph, Scroggins

I think he will stick at EDGE. He is definitely thick, but he doesn't seem "big" like a DT or future DT would at all to me. He is proportioned well.

I actually think we have the makings of a really good 3 man front for next season.

@Confidence1000 I think this is an open and shut case, but we might need a ruling on this nonetheless.

Advertisement
@Confidence1000

Blake Shelton Button GIF by The Voice
WTH he mean he like him a lot BIG PAUSE
HEY Scott
200.gif

Hey Yo! Hit the button next time or else

You left off Daylen Russell. Did he not get in?

Advertisement
My guess is 3DT + portal
And 2 DE + portal

And then any other attrition on 1-1 replacement basis with portal.

If thats the case Tylon Lee becomes even more of a priority at edge though i feel he is for them.

But Espenesa may just still be a jumbo edge.

Ya weird to me that things went silent on Lee…Gaby hinted that UM passing on him.

You left off Daylen Russell. Did he not get in?

Good catch.

Many view him as a flyer type. I will admit I was a huge skeptic as I saw him taking plays off on a nationally televised game, thought the take was a reach. But @DMoney said in a recent podcast that Russell ended his senior season looking really strong on the field, was a dominant force during their playoff run, and is now on campus and looking the part. So he just may prove all his doubters wrong.

Advertisement

I’m glad that Carter feels this way but the statement is bigger than Carter. He is saying we are the best recruiting organization in college football. So that applies to all the recruits and certainly helps to explain why, when the NIL numbers are comparable, UM still gets the players it wants.

I will confirm that my nephew Jalen Blackmon and his parents were very impressed with how UM basketball recruited him. It was far more personal than most other schools.

Advertisement
Back