Jamal Carter senior season highlights

IMO the thing that has people confused on his speed is that there are certain highlights were he looks very quick and fast, and others were it looks slowed down, like there is a monkey on his back. If I had to guess, I'd say that Carter probably just wasn't in the best condition this season. It has been alluded to (by Soldinger and some others) that Jamal's work ethic in terms of working out and conditioning may be questionable. I wouldn't be shocked if the highlights were he looks a little slower are simply later in the game when he loses a step due to being in subpar condition.

With that said, I'm sure he will be in top shape while at Miami, but please no one discount Rayshawn Jenkins. Between Deon Bush and him, it will be VERY hard for Carter to be a starter here next season. Jenkins impressed me tremendously at the end of the season. He is a ballhawking FS with range and he had like 3 pass breakups in the Duke game alone.

Advertisement
this is a good problem to have with Bush, Jenkins, Carter, possibly Burns.... good problem to have...

remember Brian Monroe, Punter by day, DB by nite...?

Look at Mark Barron his " 6' 1 " 215...ran a 4.6 -40 at Combine!! Hes doing good.. I like this kids Quickness and Speed he's going to be a Beast at S !! He's Player ...

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure he's faster than Jenkins and right there with Bush.

135.gif

As an aside, his running style reminds me of Antrel Rolle- upright with a back lean, looks like he's carrying a piano.

The speed on the video "looks" slower than it really is. JMO.

With that said, I'm sure he will be in top shape while at Miami, but please no one discount Rayshawn Jenkins. Between Deon Bush and him, it will be VERY hard for Carter to be a starter here next season. Jenkins impressed me tremendously at the end of the season. He is a ballhawking FS with range and he had like 3 pass breakups in the Duke game alone.

A lot of people slept/are still sleeping on Jenkins. While I saw one or two poor angles from him I also saw perfect coverage in the secondary. Bush and Jenkins will definitely be the starters this/next year.

yeah i definitely thought he looked bigger/slower in this tape. i think it's encouraging though that he was playing safety consistently because in his junior tape he looked like a freak athlete with no position.

i think he's a definite strong safety, though i think people here are overrating his ability to contribute in year one. we already have a set 2-deep and while i think kacy and aj are both pretty bad, this staff has showed a deference to experienced players while bringing along younger guys slowly (with a few exceptions).

Advertisement
I thought he looked a step slower too, but as a safety, he can be around the speed he looks to be at and still be highly effective.

Then again, I constantly try to blindly type with my micropenis, so i may be retarded.

I think it is unlikely that Rodgers or AJ keep this guy on the bench

for the long term, obviously not. but a guy like rayshawn wasn't getting serious burn until at least the second half of the season (and maybe even a bit later). tracy was off and on, too, when everyone (including me!) thought that he was gonna step in as a starter on day 1. DB is one of the biggest adjustments.

Guess it will depend on how he continues to fill out. Maybe like Jon Beason he'll grow into being a LB. My preference is for him to play safety though because that is where we need help. I'm not sure he'll beat out Jenkins because I'm hoping Jenkins takes another step in his development. In either case, I do think Carter comes in and plays early and often.

I see a big fast safety who was looking pretty good out there. Never did I think "that's a LB".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back