Jacques Patrick vs Jordan Scarlett

Schirm75

Recruit
No inside info here whatsoever but it seems like we're after Patrick harder as the featured RB in the 2015 class. Is that a good thing?

Advertisement
Both are elite backs. Either one would be a great pick up but guess the staff feel Patrick is the better back. Some feel he could be best in nation for 2015

I say yes because he right now is more likely to commit with his brother going to FIU and the parents will want their kids together. Now with Scarlett I think he's better but until little Wilson leaves I don't think UM can make their biggest impact with Scarlett. I just think that Wilson will get in his head the harder UM tries and that's a headache that we don't need but this time next year we should be good

For those wondering about Jaques Patrick here is an article about his latests game from Monday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/recruiting/os-jacques-patrick-stomach-virus-20130912,0,1028920.post

OrlandoSentinel.com
Timber Creek's Jacques Patrick fought off stomach virus during Monday's 7-TD performance

Chris Hays | Florida Recruiting
Orlando Sentinel

3:39 AM EDT, September 12, 2013

Jacques Patrick’s big night against Orlando Boone on Monday was impressive enough, but unbeknownst to most people at the time, he accomplished it all while also dealing with a badstomach virus.

The Orlando Timber Creek running back said Wednesday that he was even vomiting during the first quarter of the Wolves 65-43 shootout victory over the Braves.

“I was sick, man … real, real sick,” Patrick said of his 271-yard, six-touchdown rushing performance, during which he also threw a 54-yard touchdown pass to quarterback Stuckey Mosley. “I broke the first play of the game for like 85 and we got right back on the field two plays later because they fumbled. We drove down and I scored, and when I dove into the end zone, I landed on the ball.

“My stomach was already upset real bad and that just made it worse.”

He had to take off the next three possessions for Timber Creek, throwing up while taking a breather, but with Boone keeping pace, he said he had to get back in the game.

“After the first two scoring drives, I went into the bathroom because I wasn’t feeling well at all. I couldn’t even play the next three drives,” Patrick said. “But Boone started scoring and we weren’t moving the ball so I went back in. I had to play.”

The Wolves led 23-0, but Boone stormed back and that’s when Patrick reentered the game with Boone's comeback at 23-14. Timber Creek needed every bit of effort he could muster.

“For a while, I honestly thought I was going to pass out and I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to play anymore,” Patrick said. “But I started drinking a lot of fluids and took some Tums for my stomach and started feeling a little better. I probably played 15 minutes total.”

And most importantly, he played seven possessions, during which Timber Creek scored every time, all touchdowns accounted for by Patrick, of course.

He had touchdown runs of 80, 3, 10, 5 and 12 and 28. Speedy little slot back Nevin Pal scored the other two Wolves' TDs on runs of 10 yards and 64 yards.

Patrick's performance was just shy of his career-best, single-game mark of 277 rushing yards, which he posted last season against Orlando Olympia. His six rushing touchdowns is believed to be an Orange County single-game record.

Patrick didn’t practice Tuesday, but returned Wednesday as Timber Creek prepared for Friday night’s neighborhood battle for Avalon Park/Bithlo supremacy against rival East River, the school at which both Patrick and older brother Javonte Seabury, a senior, started their high school careers.

“I’m feeling better. The doctor gave me some medicine for my stomach,” Patrick said. “I had tome come back [Wednesday] to push myself to be in the right position for this game Friday night with East River.”

For those wondering about Jaques Patrick here is an article about his latests game from Monday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/recruiting/os-jacques-patrick-stomach-virus-20130912,0,1028920.post

OrlandoSentinel.com
Timber Creek's Jacques Patrick fought off stomach virus during Monday's 7-TD performance

Chris Hays | Florida Recruiting
Orlando Sentinel

3:39 AM EDT, September 12, 2013

Jacques Patrick’s big night against Orlando Boone on Monday was impressive enough, but unbeknownst to most people at the time, he accomplished it all while also dealing with a badstomach virus.

The Orlando Timber Creek running back said Wednesday that he was even vomiting during the first quarter of the Wolves 65-43 shootout victory over the Braves.

“I was sick, man … real, real sick,” Patrick said of his 271-yard, six-touchdown rushing performance, during which he also threw a 54-yard touchdown pass to quarterback Stuckey Mosley. “I broke the first play of the game for like 85 and we got right back on the field two plays later because they fumbled. We drove down and I scored, and when I dove into the end zone, I landed on the ball.

“My stomach was already upset real bad and that just made it worse.”

He had to take off the next three possessions for Timber Creek, throwing up while taking a breather, but with Boone keeping pace, he said he had to get back in the game.

“After the first two scoring drives, I went into the bathroom because I wasn’t feeling well at all. I couldn’t even play the next three drives,” Patrick said. “But Boone started scoring and we weren’t moving the ball so I went back in. I had to play.”

The Wolves led 23-0, but Boone stormed back and that’s when Patrick reentered the game with Boone's comeback at 23-14. Timber Creek needed every bit of effort he could muster.

“For a while, I honestly thought I was going to pass out and I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to play anymore,” Patrick said. “But I started drinking a lot of fluids and took some Tums for my stomach and started feeling a little better. I probably played 15 minutes total.”

And most importantly, he played seven possessions, during which Timber Creek scored every time, all touchdowns accounted for by Patrick, of course.

He had touchdown runs of 80, 3, 10, 5 and 12 and 28. Speedy little slot back Nevin Pal scored the other two Wolves' TDs on runs of 10 yards and 64 yards.

Patrick's performance was just shy of his career-best, single-game mark of 277 rushing yards, which he posted last season against Orlando Olympia. His six rushing touchdowns is believed to be an Orange County single-game record.

Patrick didn’t practice Tuesday, but returned Wednesday as Timber Creek prepared for Friday night’s neighborhood battle for Avalon Park/Bithlo supremacy against rival East River, the school at which both Patrick and older brother Javonte Seabury, a senior, started their high school careers.

“I’m feeling better. The doctor gave me some medicine for my stomach,” Patrick said. “I had tome come back [Wednesday] to push myself to be in the right position for this game Friday night with East River.”

tough and had a monster game while he's sick? WANT

Advertisement
Should be able to get both of them for the 15 class.should try and bring in 2 good backs a year if available. Took 1 back in the 13 class, looks the part, but Gus hasn't had an opportunity to play significantly yet. Have duke and no one else from the 2012 class. Will take three this year.

6 TD's in basically a quarter played reminds me of my favorite game back in the day:

197.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back