Ivins from 9:15 pm ( Jan. 20th) tonight on the O-line recruiting possibilities

Donaldson will not be starting this yr, I can promise you that. Scaife, Cleveland, Ousman, Campbell will see to that

based on what exactly? Many felt Campbell played better in limited minutes, including myself, and Donaldson allowed himself to get too big. If he doesn’t trim up there’s no way he’ll keep up with tempo.

Advertisement
based on what exactly? Many felt Campbell played better in limited minutes, including myself, and Donaldson allowed himself to get too big. If he doesn’t trim up there’s no way he’ll keep up with tempo.

I think you misread what I wrote. I'm saying there's no way Donaldson is going to start. One of the other players that I named will start in his place

Last edited:
Advertisement
Disagree. Nobody on the line has their spot on “lock” they all sucked and we’re all confused last year. It’s wide open heading into the new year.

I don't trust anyone else at C but Gaynor. You cant just put anyone at that spot. The only other person who could do it is Clark but he looked like a potential monster at OG and the only way you move him over is if Reed and Donaldson come out of Spring looking like studs. Herbert and Hillary are really limiting us due to their lack of ability.

Advertisement
You may be right but Gaynor most likely is not losing that spot. Odds are heavily in his favor.

LT: Cochran, Nelson (redshirt, if possible)
LG: Donaldson OR Campbell
C: Gaynor, Clark
RG: Hattis, Clark
RT: Scaife, Rivers (redshirt, if possible)

That would actually be a decent OL if we could find a way to pull that off.
Love that oline starting 5 right there. Make this happen justice!

zion was out there looking like he was figure skating! smh!
Lack of lower body and core strength. His legs and glutes were very thin for that height which allows pass rushers to get under him and when he attempted to neturalize that he had to get real low making him susceptible to droping his head and getting knocked backwards at times.

I don't trust anyone else at C but Gaynor. You cant just put anyone at that spot. The only other person who could do it is Clark but he looked like a potential monster at OG and the only way you move him over is if Reed and Donaldson come out of Spring looking like studs. Herbert and Hillary are really limiting us due to their lack of ability.
Gaynor is solid but he is not the biggest (yet) and has trouble sometimes against big DTs near or over him on running plays.

Advertisement
Manny said in his last interview that he expects the new O-lineman they signed can come in and compete for the RIGHT TACKLE position.

This tells me hes already made the decision that Zion is the starter at Left Tackle.

Manny said in his last interview that he expects the new O-lineman they signed can come in and compete for the RIGHT TACKLE position.

This tells me hes already made the decision that Zion is the starter at Left Tackle.

Scaife being moved back to guard would make me very happy.

Advertisement

I'd be stunned if they don't get a senior transfer in May. So many good ones out there.

This is f***in terrifying.

I haven't given up on Nelson for sure, played with a lot of heart...And has tools long-term. Shouldn't have been placed in that position. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

He wouldn't have to make a quantum leap to be in a position to not have to compete for his job. And in all honestly his best bet would be that redshirt that he didn't get to take this year. Even a little leap from what...17-18 sacks given up? Down to 10-12 isn't acceptable, at least not to walking in to a starting job. Diaz is clueless with this kinda stuff. Just like Ryan Ragone is the only player capable of moving around? He was the auto #2 last year behind Pickney, and now he's #2 striker? How's that work? Huff/T-A-C/Carter better all be tried at striker (even if you're not sure if it's their long-term spot) before this Ragone kid is on the field.

Advertisement
Back