IVAN CANETE

Advertisement
Really solid player. Not really a true PG, more of a jack of all trades type of guy. I think he is a mid-major recruit.

Really solid player. Not really a true PG, more of a jack of all trades type of guy. I think he is a mid-major recruit.

TYPE OF PLAYER COACH L CAN DEVELOP INTO A SOLID 4 YR CONTRIBUTOR
WE NEED TO BUILD A STRONGER FOUNDATION

C JEKIRI / AK-PEJIORI (POTENTIAL BUT HOW MUCH CEILING)

PF SWOOPE / KELLY (HOW MUCH CAN KELLY CONTRIBUTE IN HIS FIRST YR)

SF ADAMS / REED (HOW MUCH CAN REED CONTRIBUTE AS A FRESHMAN?)

SG BROWN / BURNETT (HOW MUCH CAN BURNETT CONTRIBUTE AS A FRESHMAN?)

PG TROUBLE TROUBLE IF LARKIN GOES THROUGH WITH THE DRAFT

RECRUITS HENRY ÉTOU WALKER LEWIS (GIVE ME 2)

WILDCARDS GRIFFIN ELDER (PLS GET INTO SCHOOL)

Advertisement
Brown is a 3 not a 2.

He can play either. He played the 3 because we needed him there more with Scott.

Completely disagree. He is not a dribble driver. A 2 can create his own shots. Brown hasn't shown an ability to do that at all. His handle isn't good either. He's a wing.

Well considering the 2 and the 3 is open next year (essentially every position is but Center and PG), the guard may have to play both again.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205555828

Advertisement
Brown is a 3 not a 2.

He can play either. He played the 3 because we needed him there more with Scott.

Completely disagree. He is not a dribble driver. A 2 can create his own shots. Brown hasn't shown an ability to do that at all. His handle isn't good either. He's a wing.

Well considering the 2 and the 3 is open next year (essentially every position is but Center and PG), the guard may have to play both again.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205555828

For Rion Brown to play the 2 guard next season, two things must happen between now and November:

1) he develops a respectable dribble-drive game.

2) he becomes exponentially quicker with his lateral movements, because he's not agile enough to defend at this level.

And even if he doesn't become the SG, he can still play a very good wing 3 for us and develop a more consistent shot.

Advertisement
Back