It’s time UM leaves Florida for recruiting

Maskoff407

Recruit
Guys, the reality is... Miami need to recruit out of the “state of Miami.” We focus our time, resource, energy on this local kids when their Parents don’t want them staying home. They want them out of the city. It has NOTHING to do with our staff ability to recruit. It boils down to losing and not wanting to live in South Florida anymore. My mom’s neighbor told his son (a 4-star recruit) that Miami will not be one of his choice. Stanford, UGA, FSU, or Oregon are his choices now. That’s so stupid to me, but it is what it is. We have to face it that. We need to start invading GA, TX, SC, MD, etc.

Advertisement
LMAO Crootin aint for the weak... This dude just said give up crootin our back yard..
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Let me rephrase that... lol. We need to recruit heavy outside of Florida as much as we do in South Florida. I’m not saying stop recruiting in our backyard, but we need recruit nationally. Refer to Chris Fowler comments about Miami.

“...But the memories of recruits don't reach back to the days when Miami was great. People around South Florida understand that. You have to recruit nationally these days. It's going to take a little repairing. Again, I think a dynamic offense is what people are going to want to see before casting their lot with Miami when they have the choices of all the other top teams."

we'll always need to recruit South Florida, but I do think we should spend more time recruiting 4 and 5 star kids nationally. The U brand is respected much more nationally than by kids locally.

Look at guys like Brevin, Will Mallory, Deejay, etc. who rep way harder and played no games compared to the frontrunner recruits down here. ****, even Lorenzo Lingard, Shaq, Pinckney, are from Florida but not S Fl and they respect the U much more.

If it was up to me, the "glue" of the class would be 3 star South Florida kids because of their mentality, speed, etc. but then target nationally for the big fish rather than putting all your chips into the diva 4 and 5 stars down here.

Advertisement
I agree. My daughter is a top ranked tennis player and I want her out of Miami and the state of Florida. Blame this city culture.

lolol didn’t read title tells me, same nonesense as the whole bag crap... this falls at the feet of the administration for consistently playing the cheap game. Spend money on coaches good coaching and we win and they come.

Advertisement
Let me rephrase that... lol. We need to recruit heavy outside of Florida as much as we do in South Florida. I’m not saying stop recruiting in our backyard, but we need recruit nationally. Refer to Chris Fowler comments about Miami.

“...But the memories of recruits don't reach back to the days when Miami was great. People around South Florida understand that. You have to recruit nationally these days. It's going to take a little repairing. Again, I think a dynamic offense is what people are going to want to see before casting their lot with Miami when they have the choices of all the other top teams."
Man it's not even that hard. Miami needs to stop accepting the silent commitment ****! They ignore some talented guys because they are falling for the words of SFL kids.

we'll always need to recruit South Florida, but I do think we should spend more time recruiting 4 and 5 star kids nationally. The U brand is respected much more nationally than by kids locally.

Look at guys like Brevin, Will Mallory, Deejay, etc. who rep way harder and played no games compared to the frontrunner recruits down here. ****, even Lorenzo Lingard, Shaq, Pinckney, are from Florida but not S Fl and they respect the U much more.

If it was up to me, the "glue" of the class would be 3 star South Florida kids because of their mentality, speed, etc. but then target nationally for the big fish rather than putting all your chips into the diva 4 and 5 stars down here.
Well said!

Why?

Just recruit the Nayquan Wrights and Asante Samuels . That want to be here. If you get lucky landing a TS type talent. Take it as a bonus.
This, 1 billion times over. When every non dillusuinal person knew what would happen today... happened, the coaches should know as well. If you get lucky, great. But recruit other kids so the roster is not a bag of steaming crap. Well, we need to get those guys to compete with Bama, hey zipper head, we are not competing with UVA currently.

Advertisement
Guys, the reality is... Miami need to recruit out of the “state of Miami.” We focus our time, resource, energy on this local kids when their Parents don’t want them staying home. They want them out of the city. It has NOTHING to do with our staff ability to recruit. It boils down to losing and not wanting to live in South Florida anymore. My mom’s neighbor told his son (a 4-star recruit) that Miami will not be one of his choice. Stanford, UGA, FSU, or Oregon are his choices now. That’s so stupid to me, but it is what it is. We have to face it that. We need to start invading GA, TX, SC, MD, etc.

Sorry but this is an insane approach. Y’all get upset because kids don’t want to come here. However, we keep losing. Why should a kid come here if we have nothing to offer at the moment? That’s when the staff needs to step up their game and recruit better as well as win more. Come on we lost 6 games in a shameful fashion. That’s not instilling much faith in the eyes of recruits.

Why?

Just recruit the Nayquan Wrights and Asante Samuels . That want to be here. If you get lucky landing a TS type talent. Take it as a bonus.
I agree with this but even when we do a fsu or uf is scrambling last minute they take them cause they lost out on some......Powell was the same **** thing Brownlee as well Whitfield.............So even if we do that we will lose out

Advertisement
Back