It's a blessing in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toys

Recruit
That Al Golden does not get fired this season.

Don't get me wrong, Al Golden SUCKS as a coach. I want him and most of this staff gone as much as anyone else here. I don't think I need to explain why.

But think... If Al Golden was fired who would we hire? I'll tell you who. It would be another cheap, mediocre head coach handpicked by Donna Shalala and Blake James that UM has seen for the past decade. If UM were to hire a coach this year, we know this program would continue to be underachieving and average for the nex 4-5 years.

But an important concept to note is that Shalala will no longer be at UM after this year. I can only speculate here, but perhaps UM hires a president more dedicated to athletics than our current administration. Maybe our next President and (hopefully new) athletic director will be more willing to shell out money for a good coaching staff that competes for championships.

I'm a firm believer if UM were to hire a new coach this year, we would simply get the same type of coach that we have had for the past decade, mediocre. I'm willing to suffer another likely losing year next year for the possibility to get a REAL, WINNING head coach for next year.

Advertisement
Did you think deeply before you wrote is? You realize it will put us another year behind FSU and UF? The damage from another year under Holden might be irreparable!

Sorry but what must be done eventually, must be done immediately.

You're causing more and more damage to the program with every additional recruiting cycle that tool gets. In addition...the clock on Kaaya's career is ticking. We're going to end up wasting that kid which would be the biggest travesty of all.

He needs to go RIGHT NOW. There is no silver lining.

Advertisement
I agree that UM will likely not hire another coach who is of higher quality. The BoT won't allow it. Their criteria for a successful football coach is one who looks and speaks well in front of the camera, says the right things and gives the impression of integrity. Nothing else.

I also think they are afraid of Butch Davis being around. Not only is he viewed as "The People's Choice" but he would also likely be very cheap to hire right now. His market value has taken a hit with the UNC thing. UM could hire him at Randy Shannon's price and tell him they won't offer a buyout and Butch would likely agree. They have to be concerned about that. lol

Trolls gon troll. Dudes have nothing better to do than make 7 accounts and post ip bans make new accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back