It’s Mid-Season

motorcitycane

Senior
And this is actually shaping up to be one **** of a college football team.

ACC
I ain’t crowning any teams. Anybody can lose any given Saturday. The ACC Atlantic and Coastal are still wide open. The coastal is going to be a roller coaster ride for the teams in this side.

We got some exciting games coming up for the casual college fan down the stretch in this conference. This is going to be one **** of a race.

Wake Forest is quietly 6-0. They have some tough games left against Army, NCST, and Clemson. But if Wake Forest can somehow push through and wind up undefeated or with one loss in Charlotte it will be interesting if they win the title game if they are in the playoff. Would be a nice change.

UK-UGA
This is game of the year for UK. If they somehow can pull this upset their schedule gets extremely weak after and barring any upset they would likely finish undefeated and await the SEC West Champion in the title game. I would love this to happen but I got UGA here. They look the team to beat but again you have to play the games.

How Iowa finishes the season? The difficult part of their schedule is done. Lots of bad teams left on their schedule. Minus a gigantic upset they should finish the regular season undefeated and the B1G championship game will determine if they make the playoff.

Michigan/Michigan State and B1G East
Both undefeated teams who were blessed by the schedule gods so far. It remains to be seen if either team is legitimate. But you are what your record says you are. Tough slate coming up for both.

Penn State…the road gets harder but they only have one loss. If they can run through the B1G East they are back in the Mix.

Michigan - Michigan State
Michigan - Penn State
Michigan - OSU
MSU - Penn State
MSU - Ohio State
OSU - PSU

I think Ohio State will probably run through all these guys and face a potentially undefeated Iowa in the B1G championship game for the rights to the playoff but that’s why you play the games. Those 6 games are going to be Massive to end the season.

Can a school like Cincinnati or Coastal Carolina finally make the playoff? Cincy has a win over Notre Dame to their credit.

Speaking of Notre Dame.
This little weasel of a team. They are actually sitting in a perfect spot mid season. Once these top 10 teams start beating up on each other they start moving up the rankings barring another upset. They aren’t that good and the rest of their schedule is pretty easy as well. Should they finish 11-1 depends on where things are with the other teams but they could back door into the playoff.

Oregon
They can’t afford any more upsets. They need to run the table and win the PAC-12 title. Finish the season 12-1 with a outside shot for a playoff north depending what happens with other conferences and teams. They have the signature OSU win and depending on how OSU finishes the season it could wind up helping them make the playoff.

The SEC
Boy was it fun seeing Alabama lose last night. I don’t know if they have another loss but I hope so. I honestly don’t wanna see them or OSU make the playoff. Give me a whole fresh top 4 please.

Anyways if they run the table and win the title game they are in. If the run the table and loss the title game I think they are done for. Hopefully someone else can beat them during the regular season.

Lots of football left in the conference.

Oklahoma State-Oklahoma
Two unbeatens and they play each other the last game of the season. If both can avoid upsets they will both be 11-0 coming into the game. Then they would play each other again in the Big 12 championship game.

I’ll throw a scenario out here. What if OSU gets the upset and finished 12-0 then loses the Big - 12 title game…..or vice versa.

Will the Big 12 get a playoff team if this happens?
Remains to be seen.

It’s mid-season but **** we got some great college football coming up down the stretch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this will be the year the final 4 gets a major switch up, minus UGA. Bama has atleast one more loss somewhere

Advertisement
ACC looks terrible, Coast worse than the Atlantic. Clemson was the pride of the ACC, but as of latest rankings are not in the AP top 25 and are at 25 in Coaches Poll. Wake and NCST are ranked in the bottom third of the polls, but are sure to suffer losses to each other and the rest of the ACC. Wake and NCST being the best in the ACC tells you all you need to know about how weak the conference is. UNC was supposed to be so tough under Mack Brown, but the shine has worn off this year. FSU fans might think well of the team with a win over UNC and losing a close one to ND, but any team losing to Jacksonville State cannot be taken seriously. Miami lives off past glory, putting coaches and a QBs on a carousel in the hope that things will change. Pitt might surprise people, but for some reason is unranked. Maybe the press and the coaches know that Pitt is not as good as its record. The ACC should just give up on football and stick to basketball and lacrosse. Clemson can move to the SEC and still compete in football. Really, do fans of college football even care about the ACC?

I was out on OU until Caleb Williams showed up. If they win out or win the Big 12 with one loss they’re in. OSU will win out as well. Even after this being the craziest year since 2007 I think it ends up like everyone thought preseason. UGA, Bama, OU, OSU.

ACC looks terrible, Coast worse than the Atlantic. Clemson was the pride of the ACC, but as of latest rankings are not in the AP top 25 and are at 25 in Coaches Poll. Wake and NCST are ranked in the bottom third of the polls, but are sure to suffer losses to each other and the rest of the ACC. Wake and NCST being the best in the ACC tells you all you need to know about how weak the conference is. UNC was supposed to be so tough under Mack Brown, but the shine has worn off this year. FSU fans might think well of the team with a win over UNC and losing a close one to ND, but any team losing to Jacksonville State cannot be taken seriously. Miami lives off past glory, putting coaches and a QBs on a carousel in the hope that things will change. Pitt might surprise people, but for some reason is unranked. Maybe the press and the coaches know that Pitt is not as good as its record. The ACC should just give up on football and stick to basketball and lacrosse. Clemson can move to the SEC and still compete in football. Really, do fans of college football even care about the ACC?
So give up football after 1 terrible season following a year with 2 teams in the playoffs, a NY6 game and Miami ranked?

Seems reasonable

Last edited:
Advertisement
What a year for the Canes to sh*t the bed.

Manny and Blake should be fired for cause just because of the way things are shaking out.

Let’s find a real AD and a real HC and get back to work.

Go Canes!

What a year for the Canes to sh*t the bed.

Manny and Blake should be fired for cause just because of the way things are shaking out.

Let’s find a real AD and a real HC and get back to work.

Go Canes!
Yeah, it's super depressing. This year could've been the changing of the guard in the ACC. God I hate Manny and Blake....and the bot

Advertisement
Back