Isaiah McKenzie or Sony Michel?

Advertisement
Keep in mind, Sony blew his knee out year before. Anxious to see him this season.

Isaiah really improved a lot this season. Couldn't catch a cold as a sophomore, really took the next step as a prospect this season. Premier return guy, can take a WR screen to the house with little effort.

On the college level, Isaiah might be more of the explosive weapon, agree with Cameron there, but Sony is very good at getting to the edge himself.

Obviously Sony will play at the BCS level, but McKenzie ain't far behind.

AHP could be really good on offense in 13. Athletic QB Torrance Gibson (6'3, 175, has heard from UM) should add another element. Played WR last year, but saw some 7-on-7 practices where he was VERY GOOD at quarterback.

Isaiah was better because he affected the game in more ways. He scored on offense, defense and specisl teams where Sony only played offense. That will change this year.

I agree with GoldFingers assessment of Torrance Gibson but he is around 200lbs now. A couple of players to look out for on that team are 2015 Tervarus Mcfadden (6'1, 175)who plays cb, pr and will have an increased role on offense and Brandon Johnson 2016(6'3" 170lbs) who plays wr and is the son of former Marlin and Cane Charles Johnson.

Advertisement
Sony was fully healed when he played this season, he said it multiple times and all his teammates confirmed it. Sony is an amazing athlete, he tears his ACL then works harder than any other running back in SouthFlorida and gets his 40 time to drop from a 4.39 to 4.32. He also increased his squat and his bench. He benches and squats more than Michael Deeb, Justin Sibole, and Edgar the DT. It's pretty crazy to think a running back benches more than those three future d1 players. Sony had another great year but losing in the first round of the playoffs he didnt get as much publicity.

As for Isaish, he simply does everything for Heritage. His versatility and stamina allows him to stay on the field for most of the game. He is a big time playmaker and you want the ball in this kids hands. Hopefully Miami offers Isaish I think he would great playmaker for our team, kid just knows how to play football. Mckenzie had 30 catches for about 850 yards and 15 touchdowns. Yes, half of his catches were touchdowns. He also had two interceptions and three returns for touchdowns. Sony had 130 carries for about 1275 yards and had 18 touchdowns.

Both players have huge impacts to American Heritage and will be good players at the next level. Hope both can end up at Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isaiah season was based on opponents stopping Sony. Sony faced 8 and sometimes 9 in the box and still average nearly 10 yards a carry. Are u guys kidding me on explosion fresh off knee surgery last year was still the fastest kid on the team plus that fact Sony is running behind an jv online and put up the numbers he did is ridiculous....don't get me wrong Isaiah is a great athlete but comparing him with Sony is unfair

Sony was fully healed when he played this season, he said it multiple times and all his teammates confirmed it. Sony is an amazing athlete, he tears his ACL then works harder than any other running back in SouthFlorida and gets his 40 time to drop from a 4.39 to 4.32. He also increased his squat and his bench. He benches and squats more than Michael Deeb, Justin Sibole, and Edgar the DT. It's pretty crazy to think a running back benches more than those three future d1 players. Sony had another great year but losing in the first round of the playoffs he didnt get as much publicity. As for Isaish, he simply does everything for Heritage. His versatility and stamina allows him to stay on the field for most of the game. He is a big time playmaker and you want the ball in this kids hands. Hopefully Miami offers Isaish I think he would great playmaker for our team, kid just knows how to play football. Mckenzie had 30 catches for about 850 yards and 15 touchdowns. Yes, half of his catches were touchdowns. He also had two interceptions and three returns for touchdowns. Sony had 130 carries for about 1275 yards and had 18 touchdowns. Both players have huge impacts to American Heritage and will be good players at the next level

that is absolutely insane

Sony was fully healed when he played this season, he said it multiple times and all his teammates confirmed it. Sony is an amazing athlete, he tears his ACL then works harder than any other running back in SouthFlorida and gets his 40 time to drop from a 4.39 to 4.32. He also increased his squat and his bench. He benches and squats more than Michael Deeb, Justin Sibole, and Edgar the DT. It's pretty crazy to think a running back benches more than those three future d1 players. Sony had another great year but losing in the first round of the playoffs he didnt get as much publicity. As for Isaish, he simply does everything for Heritage. His versatility and stamina allows him to stay on the field for most of the game. He is a big time playmaker and you want the ball in this kids hands. Hopefully Miami offers Isaish I think he would great playmaker for our team, kid just knows how to play football. Mckenzie had 30 catches for about 850 yards and 15 touchdowns. Yes, half of his catches were touchdowns. He also had two interceptions and three returns for touchdowns. Sony had 130 carries for about 1275 yards and had 18 touchdowns. Both players have huge impacts to American Heritage and will be good players at the next level

When you think of Sony/Mckenzie think of Adrian Peterson/Percy Harvin at the high school level haha

Advertisement

When you think of Sony/Mckenzie think of Adrian Peterson/Percy Harvin at the high school level haha

I don't care WHO is better...I WANT them BOTH!!!

Advertisement
Back