Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

I think these two will have a lot to do with it. If they don’t produce AGAIN then absolutely we take 2 more this cycle. There’s just so many really good guys next cycle locally. Going back on what I said Lashlee did say he wants 11ish at the position so yeah, another one is likely regardless of who returns with Rambo and Harley gone. I was thinking Rambo had more eligibility. I’ll take the L lol.

It's all good, man. I'm still scarred from the mid-2000s when we almost stopped recruiting WRs (except for George "Hands of Stone" Robinson), then we went crazy one year and took 4 guys. We have to maintain the numbers every year, we can't just get caught looking at who is on the roster (for roster numbers, but for height-weight-speed attributes, yes, we should be building for variety).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only good thing about this visit is we'll know right away if he's a priority for Bama.If a couple days from now he's starts talking about miami again we know why.

No mention of him or this visit on their board. They have their first spring scrimmage this afternoon. Not sure if it’s “open” or not. Doesn’t seem like it but who knows.

this visit is not a surprise.

Advertisement
Could be he knows where Bond wants to go,considering they are close and visited together a few days back.
You might be right and that could still work either way (i.e., Jacurri isn't recruiting Bond because he knows Bond is Baga bound, or Jacurri isn't recruiting Bond because he knows he's committing to UM).

Wait and see mode on this one, but my feeling is Bond would rather play WR over DB, and he would rather play WR at Baga. The real question may be whether Baga ends up making him that offer, or if they can convince him that DB is where it's at?

Last edited:
fwiw ITU/247 interviewed Jacurri and asked him what recruits he wants to land for the '21 class and he didn't even mention Bond. He listed several guys across various positions but not Bond.
1617390396097.gif

Rivals spoke with him over the weekend.

Spent one day at Bama last week.
Going to visit UGA too.

“I’m thinking I’ll announce in about a month, but that could be moved,” Brown said. “There’s a couple of others in it, too.”

He stresses that making a decision “is really tough, that’s why I keep pushing it back. It’s stressful, but a great stressful.”

Says Jacurri is recruiting him hard. He also speaks to Miami staff every day: Coach Likens and Manny both speak to him daily.
“It’s been good talks, about life and stuff, football,” Bond said.

Miami is recruiting Bond as a receiver; other programs told him they want him as an athlete who could wind up on either side of the ball. He says he’s fine on offense or defense.

Advertisement
I was gonna tell y'all where he is going and put in a "certain" player prediction last week but for some reason he hasn't been added after asking for him to be added to the list last week.

Advertisement
My guess is he's SEC bound if those are committable offers. Only things working for us are Jacurri and we were basically his first big offer I think that put him on the map.

I can see Bama. Other than bags, I see no demonstrable advantage any of the other SEC programs have over Miami. Our QB room is stacked finally, our RB room is stacked, we're placing back to back TEs in the NFL, our last two OL classes were upper quartile anchored by Rivers, Walker and Big Baby. Our OC and position coaches are super impressive. We aren't playing above our weight class any longer vs anyone not named Bama, OSU or Clemson.

Advertisement
Back