Is this the biggest regular season game since FSU 91?

k9cane

Senior
There's no question it's the biggest game UM has played at Hard Rock Stadium, but when was the last time Miami was involved in a game of this magnitude and attention?

I know some will say FSU 91(Wide Right I), which was #1 vs #2 but that game wasn't prime time and Notre Dame is more of a national brand.

Once again Miami is involved in what is probably the biggest sporting event in the States this weekend...

Advertisement
In the grand scheme of things, it's our biggest game since FSU 2000. That was the game that told the world we were back. A win this weekend would do the same. Last weekend was great, but this is the next level, at least to the rest of the country. Funny thing is, I believe VaTech is actually better than ND. Just that ND is holding a playoff spot, and we want that spot. Time to take what is ours.

Advertisement
I equate it to 2000 FSU or 1986 v OU.

I agree with FSU 2000. We knew we were good going into that game. We knew we were ascending. But we didn't know if we were in the mix at the top of CFB yet. This game is very comparable. The only difference is that this game is in prime time, but IMHO that doesn't make it a bigger game. I feel the same emotions going into this game as I did in 2000. Very happy with our improvement as a program, but a touch nervous that next year is the real year we put it all together. I ******* love getting gifts early!

Advertisement
Biggest game since....... 2017 VT. That game basically clinch the coastal with us needing to win one of our next 2 ACC games or UVa lose.

I equate it to 2000 FSU or 1986 v OU.

I agree with FSU 2000. We knew we were good going into that game. We knew we were ascending. But we didn't know if we were in the mix at the top of CFB yet. This game is very comparable. The only difference is that this game is in prime time, but IMHO that doesn't make it a bigger game. I feel the same emotions going into this game as I did in 2000. Very happy with our improvement as a program, but a touch nervous that next year is the real year we put it all together. I ******* love getting gifts early!

Good post. It's funny to look back and see at that point we didn't know what kind of team we were because of Dorsey and Butch's implosion in Seattle. The FSU game propelled that team into one of the best I've ever seen by the end of that year.

In the grand scheme of things, it's our biggest game since FSU 2000. That was the game that told the world we were back. A win this weekend would do the same. Last weekend was great, but this is the next level, at least to the rest of the country. Funny thing is, I believe VaTech is actually better than ND. Just that ND is holding a playoff spot, and we want that spot. Time to take what is ours.

THIS....

Advertisement
Back