Is paying players for endorsements a huge benefit to Miami?

WndyCityCane

Recruit
i think it potentially could be very lucrative for us. Think about wealthy boosters promising top recruits a payday to ‘endorse their products’.

I am sure with the floodgates open on paying kids schools will get creative real quick to land the top players.

schools cant pay the kids, but they can give boosters kickbacks who pay the kids, etc.

School wins when the football team wins. Incentives all around.

I think this helps a school like Miami who has boosters willing to pay up - just need an admin willing to play the game

plus what kid doesn’t want to be in south beach with their pockets lined with 💰?

Its nice to see the kids getting paid.

thoughts?

Advertisement
This will help us more than you know.

And I mean this in a real way, not like a Randy Shannon kinda way.

This is an interesting twist. I do think it will help players who are not top picks return for senior seasons (Banda, etc).
It also could create more parity. Players will want to play immediately and may go to mid tiered programs for early PT instead of a blue blood and have to sit for a year or two. Reading about all the endorsements King has already put together is encouraging. We will see…

Next step in the evolution is agents for the young men.... Once the bidding wars heat up on the recruiting trail who's gonna look out for the players best interests??? I'm not saying it's gonna happen tomorrow but as this goes on there's gonna be situations where a player is gonna want someone who's gonna get him the best "deal" possible...

Advertisement
It opens the floodgates for boosters to contact the top recruits, get them to the school with 💰 in exchange for perks for the boosters from the school. Want your name on the business school? Get the players to Win a National Championship.

Throw in kids being represented by ‘agents’ and you basically have paid players going to the highest bidder.

The rich get richer indeed.

This is an interesting twist. I do think it will help players who are not top picks return for senior seasons (Banda, etc).
It also could create more parity. Players will want to play immediately and may go to mid tiered programs for early PT instead of a blue blood and have to sit for a year or two. Reading about all the endorsements King has already put together is encouraging. We will see…

Disagree on parity here. I think it creates an even greater rift between the haves and have-nots.

But if anyone benefits here, it's us and USC/UCLA, closely followed by programs with a huge booster base like Texas, OSU, OU, Michigan, Florida, et al.

Next step in the evolution is agents for the young men.... Once the bidding wars heat up on the recruiting trail who's gonna look out for the players best interests??? I'm not saying it's gonna happen tomorrow but as this goes on there's gonna be situations where a player is gonna want someone who's gonna get him the best "deal" possible...

To me it stands to reason that if they're going to engage in business deals they need professional advisors. That, to the best of my knowledge, never violated NCAA rules (lawyers and financial planners should be fine).

Personally, with good advice from those types of professionals, I really don't see how agents are needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back