Is Kaaya ...

Kyle Wright 2.0?

Both highly recruited Cali QBs who've been major dissapointments.

It used to be Cali QBs were guaranteed future NFL stars if you landed one...

No Kaaya has already surpassed Kyle Wright by a mile... To be honest, our last 3 qbs including Kaaya have all been better. The issue is taking the next step. Kaaya hasn't done that yet. Too be fair, our fanbase overhyped him and as reality has set in we our overly emotional in our opinions, so he sucks now. He doesn't suck, he just wasn't some once in a lifetime qb. I swear his flaws was always evident but we were so blind. I remember reading posts claiming that he put Dorsett and Walford in the league. Forget PD running a 4.3 at the combine and catching nearly 900 yards as a true sophomore with Morris or Walford consistently putting up numbers throughout his career.

Advertisement
Wright had three different OC's, and a particular year had a terrible Offensive Line, which led to more interceptions and him getting sacked multiple times multiple games.

Part of the reason Kehoe got fired the first time.

I would say this year is reminiscent of that. Oline doesn't protect you, you'll lose confidence and make mistakes. Kyle Wright also had WR's with the case of drops.

I would say Kyle Wright had the higher ceiling of the two, but he nowhere got close to it. Kaaya was an is an overachiever. I say that as a positive thing. While Kaaya has a great arm, Kyle Wright had one of the best I've ever seen in terms of strength.

Kyle actually looked good early in his career but was overwhelmed by awful ol play . That Fsu 13 sack game was ridiculous, he was hit right after the snap

Kyle never looked as good as Brad. He was serviceable. I think Kyle best game was VT 05 and Brad has performed better that on a number of occasions. VT was better then bust still. I personally felt Kyle didn't take football serious until his last year here when it was evident that he didn't have the talent then.

Wright had three different OC's, and a particular year had a terrible Offensive Line, which led to more interceptions and him getting sacked multiple times multiple games.

I would say this year is reminiscent of that. Oline doesn't protect you, you'll lose confidence and make mistakes. Kyle Wright also had WR's with the case of drops.

I would say Kyle Wright had the higher ceiling of the two, but he nowhere got close to it. Kaaya was an is an overachiever. I say that as a positive thing. While Kaaya has a great arm, Kyle Wright had one of the best I've ever seen in terms of strength.

Kyle actually looked good early in his career but was overwhelmed by awful ol play . That Fsu 13 sack game was ridiculous, he was hit right after the snap

Kyle never looked as good as Brad. He was serviceable. I think Kyle best game was VT 05 and Brad has performed better that on a number of occasions. VT was better then bust still. I personally felt Kyle didn't take football serious until his last year here when it was evident that he didn't have the talent then.

I think they're more alike than different on the field. Kayaa is better but neither were clutch and had suspect ol play that hindered them improving. I do think Brad takes football way more serious. KW liked the attention and popularity that came with playing qb , but didn't want to put the work in.

Both were severely overrated by the fanbase though.

Kaaya has been a lot better than Kyle,but it is so crazy Brad looks like wright . Wright looked like a deer in headlights,we were on probation but sometimes there was no pressure. I think Brad is regressing showing some traits that Kyle had,our talent was depleted then and is still somewhat now. Good coaching and play-calling can make up for lack of quality depth. I have to admit a lot of this is on Kaaya . Nothing wrong with checking and throwing the ball out of bounds. Coach Richt is so predictable that any evenly matched team stops our offense,just what I am seeing. I know we don't have the Dallas Cowboys offensive line ,but good coaches adjust to their personal.

Advertisement
Kaaya has been a lot better than Kyle,but it is so crazy Brad looks like wright . Wright looked like a deer in headlights,we were on probation but sometimes there was no pressure. I think Brad is regressing showing some traits that Kyle had,our talent was depleted then and is still somewhat now. Good coaching and play-calling can make up for lack of quality depth. I have to admit a lot of this is on Kaaya . Nothing wrong with checking and throwing the ball out of bounds. Coach Richt is so predictable that any evenly matched team stops our offense,just what I am seeing. I know we don't have the Dallas Cowboys offensive line ,but good coaches adjust to their personal.

This is why I say they're far more alike than different

Kaaya struggles with Basics.

Our next QB will be the truth. Usually after programs QBs leave they don't have a big dropoff. See OSU, BAMA, MICHIGAN, FSU, and others as examples of this.

Advertisement
No QB in history will ever be worse than Wright.

To be fair Wright was hurt by awful receivers, a bad o line and continuous OC changes. (But then again it was Wright himself who was largely getting the OCs fired.)

Advertisement
Back