Is it possible

MizCane

Senior
That we could see Al stay after a 6-7 win season and him fire D'onofrio? Or the university fire D'onofrio? I guess my question really is does anyone think a new D Coordinator would be the catapult we need to be dominant again? Can Al lead us to glory if he gets a legit D Coordinator or do you think everyone needs to go?

Advertisement
Everyone except Ice, Brennan, and maybe Coley need to go. But if we win 7 games and Al fires some defensive staff I could see him getting one more year. 6 wins will get Al gone.

Everyone except Ice, Brennan, and maybe Coley need to go. But if we win 7 games and Al fires some defensive staff I could see him getting one more year. 6 wins will get Al gone.

One more year you have to be joking right?

Advertisement
I honesty want to see the university take a stand and invest in a coach and it allllllll starts with paying for that buy out

I think this is what they are going to try first. Ron Zook was up in Illinois and doing poorly, so the school forced him to hire a new OC and DC. And he wasn't allowed to interfere. Went to two piddly bowl games (beat Baylor and UCLA) and they finally fired him when a new AD came in.

Last edited:
I think this is exactly what will happen.

Golden will get one more year. Dorito is toast pretty much no matter what happens at this point. Nebraska game was the final straw.

Offense hasn't been terrible under Golden. Defense has been the problem.

I'd also like to see us get a new S&C coach. The biggest problems on this team are softness and defensive coaching IMO.

Advertisement
Duke L 2-3
GT L 2-4
Cin L 2-5
VT L 2-6
NC W 3-6
FSU lol 3-7
Virginia lol 3-8
Pitt W 4-8

It's going to get ugly our d scheme is so bad. Kaaya will be the only bright spot this year except when Golden is canned

This. Although whoever he brings in has to control the defense.

No if we have a loosing record, can his ***. He had 4 years to make staff adjustments. Good coaches adjust, Al Folden has been to busy holding hands with coach dorito. I say can his *** regardless of the season. He has proven time after time he does not win big games.

Advertisement
Duke L 2-3
GT L 2-4
Cin L 2-5
VT L 2-6
NC W 3-6
FSU lol 3-7
Virginia lol 3-8
Pitt W 4-8

It's going to get ugly our d scheme is so bad. Kaaya will be the only bright spot this year except when Golden is canned
Completely agreed. We may eek out against Cinci or uva, so one can trade any one of those. If we lose to Duke, I believe we will see a cascade of quitting 8n game by the players.

Advertisement
Back