is coley trying to pull a power play?

eddostarr

Freshman
A while back someone told me "smoke" in sports media is basically an agent using his leverage .

In this case the leverage is a team collapsing and the local media calling for goldens head .
Coley held down yearby and chad last year when the class started crumbling .and this year he knows if he leaves this will be a historically bad class .The team is vulnerable and a great recruiter is a hot commodity .

You think he smells blood and is aiming at a interim head coaching gig here?
I think he's trying to push the administrations hand because he has a handful of recuits in his back pocket .

Last edited:
Advertisement
very interesting premise. Heard he was offered the OC position at Kentucky under Stoops. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds...

If he's got good pull in SoFla with recruits, be interesting to see if the fact that the product on field has been trash and he continues to associate himself with Golden, is hurting his rep.

Only leverage he has is he is a local, relates to the community, and is considered a really good recruiter. His play calling, while it had some good moments, stunk for the most part.

Advertisement
I don't want to see him leave for pure continuity purposes and the fact that if a new coach comes in here after next season we could end up with another new OC. that would be kaaya's third.

I think he would just be trying to keep his career on an upward trajectory. Would be smart to move on from a lame duck HC.

Advertisement
If Coley goes to Kentucky, he will take Lawson with him. No QB in UM's 2015 class. Lawson could start as a freshman at Kentucky.

I hope Coley leaves. For two years Golden has blamed him for every failure. Get out while you can and let this bumbling idiot hang himself.

Coley is an average coordinator.

Nothing innovative about his schemes.

We can't run a 2 minute drill to save our lives....

Having Duke Johnson and Phil Dorsett will make just about any coordinator look good.

Put him at Georgia Tech or Misissippi State and they finish at the bottom in the nation in offense.

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 3m3 minutes ago
Per a source, Mark Stoops has no intention of talking to Miami's James Coley for the Kentucky OC job. "Not the right fit" for Cats.

Advertisement
If you have the power, use it. I don't blame him. I speculated Barrow's leaving because of AG. Barrow knows the culture of football at the U and AG was bringing something foreign that was not going to work = Barrow checks out.

Now Coley is seeing the same thing and perhaps he's gone.

People are hating on Cristobol and going as far as calling him a traitor. He's a smart man to think of he and his family's well being and get far away from toxic sweat bag like AG.

I applaud these guys and hold no animosity regardless of where they go or have gone.

What if you were working for AG seeing the crap you saw this season, then Alabama or FSU came calling for your services. Would your allegiance to your beloved school keep you there? You'd be a mindless idiot not to go.

Last edited:
I don't want to see him leave for pure continuity purposes and the fact that if a new coach comes in here after next season we could end up with another new OC. that would be kaaya's third.

It would be his second

Coley as freshman, whatever under qualified fool joins a lame duck staff as a sophomore, new coordinator as a junior when Golden is put out of his misery.

If I was Saban I would can Kiffin and take Coley just for recruiting purposes. You may get a little less of a coach but it will make up for in S. fl recruiting.

We would be finished!!!

Advertisement
If I was Saban I would can Kiffin and take Coley just for recruiting purposes. You may get a little less of a coach but it will make up for in S. fl recruiting.

We would be finished!!!

Whatttt lmao saban wouldnt let coley near any playcalling you kidding

Coley is an average coordinator.

Nothing innovative about his schemes.

We can't run a 2 minute drill to save our lives....

Having Duke Johnson and Phil Dorsett will make just about any coordinator look good.

Put him at Georgia Tech or Misissippi State and they finish at the bottom in the nation in offense.

Exactly lol at coley having the keys he is a nobody with ice baez and beard on staff could care less about his recruiting i guess being cuban and from the area everyones loves him

Only leverage he has is he is a local, relates to the community, and is considered a really good recruiter. His play calling, while it had some good moments, stunk for the most part.

I'm wondering how much of a hand Old Goldie had in game planning though.

Advertisement
Back