is coach l the greatest coach miami has ever had in any sport

jackedaround

Junior
i say yes. every year we over achieve under coach l.
he is stringing together a great recruiting class for 2019, could be all time great. the use of out of state guys from up north has been huge.
he is 5-5 versus duke. who else in the country can say that over the last 10 games vs duke?
he dances.
jimlmiami.gif

Advertisement
Any answer other than Howard Schnellenberger is moronic and a non starter. That being said, thank goodness for Coach L. L and the Canes basketball team is the only thing worth a **** in UM mens sports over the last 12 years. Love him and the Bball program.

Best basketball coach maybe but let's not forget about how good the football and baseball team have been. Those coaches were elite during a dominate period of time.

I fully support Coach L and what he has done with the basketball team but he would have to win atleast 3 National Championships to get that title.

Advertisement
Best basketball coach we ever had no doubt. That run 6 years ago was epic even though we burned out in the NCAA tourney.

Advertisement
The Wizard wins hands down. Not only was he a strategic trailblazer, he built a program from literally nothing, and made it into the most consistent winner in the country. Howard is a close second, but let's be honest: Football had experienced some success before, in the Gustafson era.

Uh, no. I love Coach L but there are six coaches (counting baseball) who have won National Championships. Coach L needs one of those before he gets into the discussion.

Uh, no. I love Coach L but there are six coaches (counting baseball) who have won National Championships. Coach L needs one of those before he gets into the discussion.
pretty hard to do in the best conference in the nation and by winning 6 in a row.

but yes i agree the football coaches are better.

Advertisement
The Wizard wins hands down. Not only was he a strategic trailblazer, he built a program from literally nothing, and made it into the most consistent winner in the country. Howard is a close second, but let's be honest: Football had experienced some success before, in the Gustafson era.

You have a point with the Wizard, but what Howard did between 79-83 is nothing short of a miracle. Credit to Lou Saban laying the initial seeds.

pretty hard to do in the best conference in the nation and by winning 6 in a row.

but yes i agree the football coaches are better.
I've said it multiple times on the football board here that I honestly believe we'll win a NC in basketball before we see another one in football. You don't have to be a genius to see that with the resources we have as a smallish, private school we can not compete with the big state schools on the gridiron.

Only need a great nucleus of 7-8 players to win big in hoops; need 5x that many to even approach competing in football at a high level these days. For people who say ND is able, my answer is our resources/$$$ don't even approach those of ND. Nor fellow private schools like USC and Stanford.

I've said it multiple times on the football board here that I honestly believe we'll win a NC in basketball before we see another one in football. You don't have to be a genius to see that with the resources we have as a smallish, private school we can not compete with the big state schools on the gridiron.

Only need a great nucleus of 7-8 players to win big in hoops; need 5x that many to even approach competing in football at a high level these days. For people who say ND is able, my answer is our resources/$$$ don't even approach those of ND. Nor fellow private schools like USC and Stanford.

Nothing would thrill me more than a basketball Final Four or a NC game. I agree, we are well on our way to the basketball school category considering the resources available and growing financial advantage of state schools.

Advertisement
If Seton Hall and Butler (twice) can make it to the final game, and a school like Gonzaga is an annual contender, why not us? George Mason was in the Final Four under Coach L, and a school like UConn (a one-time bottom feeder in the Big East) has won four, count 'em, 4 NCs since 1999.

Advertisement
Back