IPF

dingdong

Recruit
Someone with knowledge or insight can you please let me know what's needed for us to get a IPF other than money.

Advertisement
Blake James already came out and said they're gonna secure the funds for it later on in this year.

Someone with knowledge or insight can you please let me know what's needed for us to get a IPF other than money.

Money is the big issue of course. But we also need to figure out where exactly it would go. Have heard a few suggestions like where the tennis courts are now and where the practice fields are now... Doesn't make sense IMO to put it where the practice fields are now because we still need to practice outside as much as the weather permits (aka homefield advantage). We also just spent a bunch of money to fix up the fields with new turf and lights, so I doubt it is a realistic option.

I also don't want them building a cheap one just to build one either. Need to put legit money into it and do it right if they're going to do it at all...

i think it would fit on the IM fields ...

FSU:
FSU_IndoorPracticeFacility_1.jpg

Miami:
UMiami.jpg

yeah last I heard the plan is to put it over one of the practice fields. We currently have three it seems and one is turf if I am correct? as seen above FSU has two outdoor practice fields next to each other then at the endzone of both of them the huge IPF.

Advertisement
With the construction already going on, is there any more space where the canal is? Can it be built extending over the canal?

A good site location for the IPF would be in the Top right Hand corner greentee fields and this would leave a canyon type opening between the buildings to still view the main practice fields below it.

1415107004514_Image_galleryImage_In_this_Oct_28_2014_aeria.JPG

Hopefully UM doesn't go the route UGA did when they built their initial IPF which was supposed to be full sized but ended up being 50yds.

Maybe it's better not to have an indoor practice facility than to have the one UGA recently dedicated - ChantRant.com

Maybe it's better not to have an indoor practice facility than to have the one UGA recently dedicated

Another team the Noles recruit against has beaten FSU to the punch with an indoor practice facility. But somewhere this one went strangely off track.

In 1999, The University of Georgia Athletic Board authorized design and construction of a building with a full-size football field that could be used for track and other sports. The photo above shows what they got (maybe a committee got involved?).

Instead of a practice facility, it's more of a place where the team can do walk-throughs. The 20 yards of artificial turf can be split in two with a curtain, allowing the offense and defense separate practice space.

At least Mark Richt has a nice view from his office (that's where the photo was taken).

Apparently Georgia's plan morphed into an all-purpose facility, including coaches offices, weight room, and more meeting rooms than most hotel conference facilities.

It's a different approach to what FSU has blueprints for, and may suit Georgia just fine. But then Athens doesn't have thunder boomers rolling in off the gulf almost every afternoon from August til mid-season.

indoor.jpg

ENR_SE1107_SPO1.jpg

I've been thinking about this indoor practice facility lately and whether green tree has the space for a full size field. If they put it where the turf field currently is, do they have the space for a full length field? As I recall, the turf field does not have a full 100 yard field as is. I think it only has 80 yards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back