Interesting trend

Advertisement
McCloud shouldn't play at all. Not only because he's horrible, but it would encourage him not to come back.

did you even watch the game today? it was practically a whole **** youth movement. tons of snaps for flagg, brooks, and the freshmen WRs. you people will stick to this narrative even when it's crumbling in your face.

True. But the issue is when 53 & 44 are in the game the Def is significantly worst. Most of pitts sustain drives were when they are on the field...together.

Took nearly half a season for Rousseau to play over Patchen. Mind boggling really. It’s not like there is a huge amount to remember from a playbook standpoint for DE.

That story has been debunked multiple times on here. Rousseau was coming off multiple injuries when the season started. That’s why he was eased into a action.

Advertisement
It’s flat out embarrassing how bad McCloud is

McClouds play in 2016 directly lead to the “striker” position

mist obvious he did nothing in the past 3 years since then to fix his weakest link( maybe it’s something he flat out can’t do)

but seriously he needs to be a STs guy and maybe a vocal leader and thank him for his service

I watched 53 a lot and he’s super flat footed and gives us literally no coverage because of it. In the case of him I’ve watched him quite a bit the last couple games. He’s responsible for a lot of blown coverages. It’s pretty bad to be honest. I’m surprised he even gets as much PT as he does.
There was a reason Zach did play much as he was here longer. When he chose to RS last year, Manny was in a bit of a box. Two LBs out with serious injury and no way of knowing if would play again. Top 2 graduating. Zach was sort of an insurance policy. I think the policy should be viewed as paid up now and let Flagg (arguably not a good football name) and Brooks start.

Our worst plays and worst set of D had a noticeable trend. Old guard players. On both picks they were passes for Harley and Wiggins dropped yet another big gainer. Surprise surprise
Their first TD was a McCloud blown coverage and their first drive of the game 53 was in the whole time. Honestly today he actually looked like he didn’t belong.
There truly are a few guys hurting this team. Hopefully the film study makes it as undeniable to that staff as it is to us watching.
If you search this thread u will see me pointing out that McCloud is one of the big reasons we are struggling to defend the run. Guards are pulling and he is in his default stance. He cant read a run key or read pass combos. Once #11 and #6 got in more we shut Pitt down trying to power run us.

As for Wiggins, he cannot run anything other than a speed go route. He cant sell a fake and has no body control to track the ball. Last week I said, they need to have their plays reduced. They have done nothing to earn it.

I dont disagree with you OP but the TD was on Carter (also a senior who sucks and gets way to much burn), not on mccloud
Carter is what he is. I think if we had more players at safety maybe even CBs we could convert like Redwine, Carter maybe would be converted to a striker. I dont particularly see anything good or bad with Carter, he just doesn't make plays other than trying to knock people out.

Advertisement
Took nearly half a season for Rousseau to play over Patchen. Mind boggling really. It’s not like there is a huge amount to remember from a playbook standpoint for DE.
Rousseau was coming off an injury last season but go ahead and continue to be mind boggled.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Saw alot of our yungins getting some burn - liked what I saw...I think we'll see more and more of that as we progress.
Is Manny gonna bench all the vets? Ofc not...but it'll be 50/50 at least by end of the season.

did you even watch the game today? it was practically a whole **** youth movement. tons of snaps for flagg, brooks, and the freshmen WRs. you people will stick to this narrative even when it's crumbling in your face.
Did you watch the game?
Yes the young guys are playing but they are playing as backups to the upperclassmen even though they are much better than the upperclassmen that are starting.
Just because they are playing and getting 20 snaps when they should be starting and getting 40 doesn’t make it a youth movement.
What it means is they are finally put in to play when the upperclassmen that start are stinking up the place.

I watched 53 a lot and he’s super flat footed and gives us literally no coverage because of it. In the case of him I’ve watched him quite a bit the last couple games. He’s responsible for a lot of blown coverages. It’s pretty bad to be honest. I’m surprised he even gets as much PT as he does.

so, you're saying he's the perfect d'onofrio LB recruit?

Advertisement
Watch the whole game again and just focus on McCloud...you will see you're wrong.

It's easy to pick out mistakes and make a couple stand out, throughout the course of an entire game.
44 snaps 1 tackle. I’m not sure how much more you’d want me to see. But I think I’ve seen enough to pass a fair judgment of who he is as a player.
I respect him as a Cane, but we need much more production out of a cane LB.

It's time to see the others develop and get meaningful snaps if so and so isn't getting it done on the field. Flip the snaps and the players who start and continue to monitor performance. Players know who should be starting or is grading out the highest on film to get them snaps. Last, I am proud of any player getting that degree period. im not just rooting for that 3/4 year player, im hoping we are creating game changers in life, for their families, and society. Getting P5 wins after last year is refreshing. I'm just scarred, lol. I worry about every game.

Advertisement
Back