Interesting Conversation

Banned
Banned
How many Canes on the Roster did we actually sign to LOI straight out of HS? Im not talking transfers or walk-ons but kids we actually signed to LOI. I know we have 76 currently on the roster that are on scholorship but of that 76, did we actually recruit and sign?

Advertisement
How many Canes on the Roster did we actually sign to LOI straight out of HS? Im not talking transfers or walk-ons but kids we actually signed to LOI. I know we have 76 currently on the roster that are on scholorship but of that 76, did we actually recruit and sign?

Great question. A quick count through the roster, is see 62. Has a lot to do with why UM is not in the top 10 these days. Hopefully Manny changes that. He had to do what he had to do with transfers this year due to past failings of other coaches and Donna Shalala waiting too long to use her political capital against the well bribed WEASEL Emmert.

Great question. A quick count through the roster, is see 62. Has a lot to do with why UM is not in the top 10 these days. Hopefully Manny changes that. He had to do what he had to do with transfers this year due to past failings of other coaches and Donna Shalala waiting too long to use her political capital against the well bribed WEASEL Emmert.

Why do you think that is a low %? I have no idea whether that number is high or low, but in the absence of benchmark data, it is meaningless. If you have a point of reference, please share it.

Advertisement
Why do you think that is a low %? I have no idea whether that number is high or low, but in the absence of benchmark data, it is meaningless. If you have a point of reference, please share it.
Golden's players have been shuffling out these past few seasons, plus we lost like 3 schollys a year for 3 years or something so that didn't help either

Golden's players have been shuffling out these past few seasons, plus we lost like 3 schollys a year for 3 years or something so that didn't help either

All of that is understood. My point is that other teams experience turnover, too. Look at UF - how many guys have they had leave their team this year? They also have at least a couple of key contributors that transferred in.

So unless we're comparing our # to some other point of reference, it's meaningless.

Advertisement
Back