Injuries

StevoBevo

Freshman
Any update on Sam brooks, Dom mammareli or jakai Clarke? I swore all of them should have been back by now unless I missed something.
All three would provide valuable depth in their respective positions.

(we get Larry Hodges back this week from suspension FWI)
Knighton being suspended 4 games really hurts this team with Don now hurt, MFer better have done some real **** to get it because if I’m Manny I’m pulling him aside, asking if he had learned his lesson, and then told him to be ready to play come Saturday.

Advertisement
Any update on Sam brooks, Dom mammareli or jakai Clarke? I swore all of them should have been back by now unless I missed something.
All three would provide valuable depth in their respective positions.

(we get Larry Hodges back this week from suspension FWI)
Knighton being suspended 4 games really hurts this team with Don now hurt, MFer better have done some real **** to get it because if I’m Manny I’m pulling him aside, asking if he had learned his lesson, and then told him to be ready to play come Saturday.
Brooks will be worked back in probably the week after this..we talk about culture..bringing 4 back b4 the end of his suspension would be the worse thing for building culture. If a HC wants be taken seriously u don’t do that. As the leader of the staff and players..strong no. Saban has his 2nd best pass catcher in the doghouse..this is why recruiting is the life blood of building a program

Brooks will be worked back in probably the week after this..we talk about culture..bringing 4 back b4 the end of his suspension would be the worse thing for building culture. If a HC wants be taken seriously u don’t do that. As the leader of the staff and players..strong no. Saban has his 2nd best pass catcher in the doghouse..this is why recruiting is the life blood of building a program
you best believe manny is gonna do just that

Advertisement
Advertisement

I had a similar conversation about this and I very much agree. As a HC, when you tell the player he's suspended for X period, you need to follow through regardless of what the consequences may be on the field. Otherwise, that player may think he is beyond reproach and/or his natural talent will save him from scrutiny. Then that attitude will spread through your locker room and roster. And when you publicly announce the length of a suspension, going back on your word is even more disastrous. You don't just lose credibility within your program, but outside it as well. At this point, Knighton needs to sit.

I don't know what provoked the Knighton suspension. However, only under rare circumstances would a suspension be reduced (i.e., information changes, the situation, someone becomes eligible, etc).

Advertisement
I don't know what provoked the Knighton suspension. However, only under rare circumstances would a suspension be reduced (i.e., information changes, the situation, someone becomes eligible, etc).
Well, now would be a really good time for the staff to discover some new information about his suspension.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back