In other news today

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
FSU lost to GT. As I said after some clowns on here were back patting about 'playing fsu tough' that the Noles are a mediocre squad this year.

Texas won again today, so we are likely safe from having to compete with Texas.

USC crushed Utah today, maybe they will do the dumb thing and hire this temp coach.

Duke beat VT is 4---yes FOUR--overtimes. Beamer is cooked.

Pitt, UNC and Duke all won today, putting us TWO games out of the coastal, essentially eliminating us from contention and the only crutch Blake James was leaning on.

And Temple is now 7-0.

Advertisement
I watched Pitt in person. Even though it was a close game, that defense is violent. They don't **** around. I always wished Narduzzi would end up at Miami.

Georgia Tech is still not getting any push up the middle. That's the biggest difference between this season and last year when they had Shaq Mason at guard. The option depends on the fullback (B-back in Georgia Tech terms) dictating play and setting up everything that flows out of that. This season without the cheap yards up the middle to stay ahead of the sticks that offense is really struggling. They end up with congestion on the outside and lots of plays blown up for losses. Justin Thomas is not a good enough passer to compensate and the receivers are young.

Absurd for Florida State to lose to that bunch. They got shut out in the second half to accomplish it.

I hate the lack of option teams partially because I have a very good feel for them in betting purposes. You can have a major advantage either way, betting with them or against them. Georgia Tech this year reminded me of an early Oklahoma team that went from a dominant offense one season to one that could only hurt you outside the next year. The terrible teams were susceptible to that perimeter game but the stronger teams really slowed the wishbone once that fullback wasn't doing anything. I don't have nearly as much feel for spread offenses and how they vary from situation to situation and year to year.

You are correct, USC may be dense enough to elevate Clay Helton full time.

The Toledo coach Matt Campbell was down 28-10 at halftime then won the second half 41-7 to not only win but cover the 15 point spread. Toledo has now outscored the opposition 73-0 in the third quarter this year.

Mike Leach won again as underdog and is having a terrific surprise year. I may not like it but I acknowledge it. He found a great young quarterback. Right now they are still underrated in the power ratings. Once the numbers catch up to them, I'm sure I'll be betting against that team and the lack of rushing attempts.

Not a good season to need a head coach. We already know of many high profile openings and that number will only increase. There are always late surprises.

Georgia Tech is still not getting any push up the middle. That's the biggest difference between this season and last year when they had Shaq Mason at guard. The option depends on the fullback (B-back in Georgia Tech terms) dictating play and setting up everything that flows out of that. This season without the cheap yards up the middle to stay ahead of the sticks that offense is really struggling. They end up with congestion on the outside and lots of plays blown up for losses. Justin Thomas is not a good enough passer to compensate and the receivers are young.

Absurd for Florida State to lose to that bunch. They got shut out in the second half to accomplish it.

I hate the lack of option teams partially because I have a very good feel for them in betting purposes. You can have a major advantage either way, betting with them or against them. Georgia Tech this year reminded me of an early Oklahoma team that went from a dominant offense one season to one that could only hurt you outside the next year. The terrible teams were susceptible to that perimeter game but the stronger teams really slowed the wishbone once that fullback wasn't doing anything. I don't have nearly as much feel for spread offenses and how they vary from situation to situation and year to year.

You are correct, USC may be dense enough to elevate Clay Helton full time.

The Toledo coach Matt Campbell was down 28-10 at halftime then won the second half 41-7 to not only win but cover the 15 point spread. Toledo has now outscored the opposition 73-0 in the third quarter this year.

Mike Leach won again as underdog and is having a terrific surprise year. I may not like it but I acknowledge it. He found a great young quarterback. Right now they are still underrated in the power ratings. Once the numbers catch up to them, I'm sure I'll be betting against that team and the lack of rushing attempts.

Not a good season to need a head coach. We already know of many high profile openings and that number will only increase. There are always late surprises.

ATTENTION ALL READERS!!!! GAS BAG ALERT!!!!!

This is the guy who claims to be THE Vegas insider.

But yet he has NEVER. Not even once. Given us poor idiots a pick.

GTFO with your lame *** schtck. Check my sig for any details.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back