in case you forgot (mesidor)

It is not just overcoming the injury, it is also getting your edge back. Take a long break from any sport whether it be tennis, basketball, or football and you typically loose that edge that made you the best you could be. Some get it back right away,others take longer.
I get what you saying but he hasn’t been out as long as I feel fans think he has. He played in 11 games in 22 and he played in 3 games last year. His last game was in October vs unc

Advertisement
I love me some Mesidor but I'm going into this with extremely cautious optimism. I know that the coaches say that he is supposed to be back 100% for summer/fall or whatever they're telling us but as we have all seen this staff doesn't have a very good track record in terms of prognosticating the return of injured players.

Even putting that aside, the whole thing about him waiting for special shoes from Adidas raised some huge red flags. I really want him to come back and have a comeback player of the year type season. I really want to see him and Bain just flat out wreck chit. We'll see what happens.

No but if you have 2 DEs at 280 and then 2 DTs 290-300 that is a big D-line. The run defense was 12th last year with a very small interior. They will be bigger this year and have better run stoppers. Clark and barrow are better vs the run than LT and JHH
I keep thinking about how much of an advantage it should be to have essentially two SDEs starting on the DL outside. Definitely a bigger D line that we haven't had in recent memory.

For them to be going after Baron as hard as they are...leads me to believe Mesidor might not be back to his old self until mid-season. That he will need time to gradually get back to his 2022 form.

No expectations whatsoever but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back