In All The Excitement It Looks Like Jimbo Tried to Jump Ship

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
I'm going to pull this from my other thread about Richt planning to finish his career at The U because, IMO, this deserves prominent mention, especially after all of the negative recruiting we endured with our NCAA issues.

It looks like the $5 mil per year or whatever they pay Jimbo up in Trailerhasse isn't enough as he was trying to work out a little deal with LSU. Had it not been for political pressure and a groundswell of public outcry to save Les Miles' job, Jimbo might be in lovely Baton Rouge today. I hope the recruits see this when considering us and them. Here's a link to an article I included in the other thread:

Sources: LSU, Jimbo Fisher entered negotiations, but big-name figures, out-pouring of support saved Les Miles | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Advertisement
I'm going to pull this from my other thread about Richt planning to finish his career at The U because, IMO, this deserves prominent mention, especially after all of the negative recruiting we endured with our NCAA issues.

It looks like the $5 mil per year or whatever they pay Jimbo up in Trailerhasse isn't enough as he was trying to work out a little deal with LSU. Had it not been for political pressure and a groundswell of public outcry to save Les Miles' job, Jimbo might be in lovely Baton Rouge today. I hope the recruits see this when considering us and them. Here's a link to an article I included in the other thread:

Sources: LSU, Jimbo Fisher entered negotiations, but big-name figures, out-pouring of support saved Les Miles | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Doesn't surprise me. With his meal ticket gone to the NFL, Jimbo knows it's much easier GETTING to the top than it is to STAY at the top.

the man is not stupid, but he KNOWS TROUBLE IS COMING FROM DOWN SOUTH!!!! HEH HEH HEH!!!!
**** you nolies!

I would use this kind of information against him in recruiting. Jimbo may not be there next year....

I would use this kind of information against him in recruiting. Jimbo may not be there next year....

Even if Richt won't... we will. we know how to hate... Look what we do to each other on this board. We'll put this out there on social media and hopefully it resonates.

Advertisement

This sounds like a very very stupid thing to ask given his record the last few years of his tenure, but isn't Jimbo's impatience with his "coach in waiting" status the reason they forced Bowden out so hastily?

I don't know. I can't knock Jimbo's achievements... I just think that at this time there's an argument to be made that our guy's in it for the longer haul here at the U than Jimbo is at FSU.

Pretty sure that was well known. LSU wanted Jimbo and he and FSU told them to fvck their own face and so they re-committed to Les.

That was pretty clear that it happened last week

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back