Immediate Postgame Thoughts

TC@ne

3rd party advocate. Anti-mope & anti-slurper.
Offense: Meh.

We have elite runners with the RB’s and King. O-line looked serviceable, which is a step-up. King needs to work on adding some touch to his passes. Get the TE’s more involved please.

Defense: Solid.

Nesta and Miller flashed at DT. Phillips looks fast as ****. Roche looks great sometimes but is inconsistent. Put the athletes in at LB- only way they’ll be experienced is by giving them experience. Ivey should never play again.

Special Teams: Amazing minus Pope.

All kickoffs and scoring attempts looked easy for Borregales. Lou was booming the ball and had a high net average. Pope muffed the punt and is clearly not a natural returner. Get someone like Marcus Clarke preparer to take over.

OVERALL: Content.

LOTS of room for improvement. With the amount of issues we saw, for us to have won by 17 is a good sign. This game is a loss last year. Let’s look for improvement in game 2 before we get too high or too low.

Advertisement
Didn’t like Pope as a returner and I think this may be the worst receiving core I’ve seen at Miami. Lance Legget May be an improvement. Just seems like there’s no diversity at the position and no leaders. A couple small WR3’s across the whole board

Offense - Basically Uptempo Richt with a dynamic running QB. Otherwise same story - meh OL, good RB's, terrible overrated WR's
Defense - Basically same Manny D - disruptive D-Line, LB's need work, 1 good CB (Rumph the GOAT!), solid safeties. Ivey/CB's will cost us a game easy
ST - legit improvement. Hedley was great. Jose is a gift from the gods. Pope needs to go play in the portal. Let Hall and Rooster do PR

Now that I’ve had time to cool off and think

not gonna crown king yet, he missed a A few big ones tonight( Harley, Payton). Need more accuracy from him.
run game was a lot of chunk plays but good overall
receivers got no separation most of the game.
Jury still out on the line.
And somebody please tell the staff that it’s not a sin or a crime to put more points on the board with 8 minutes on the clock.
only thing I’ll say about defense is too much cushion on obvious passing downs.
Also, there has to be somebody capable behind Ivey.

Advertisement
I have come to the conclusion our WRs are JAGs. No separation., route running is junior high at best. Hopefully the younger guys are better and will eventually get more opportunities

Been calling our WR's JAGs for 2 years and downvoted to oblivion. Welcome to the light my friend. This team BADLY needs a AR15 go-to WR type.

Hope 1-2 of the freshman can step up this year. Payton got a lot of hype, time to show out. Redding/Restrepo/Smith someone please take Pope's spot

Offense - Basically Uptempo Richt with a dynamic running QB. Otherwise same story - meh OL, good RB's, terrible overrated WR's
Defense - Basically same Manny D - disruptive D-Line, LB's need work, 1 good CB (Rumph the GOAT!), solid safeties. Ivey/CB's will cost us a game easy
ST - legit improvement. Hedley was great. Jose is a gift from the gods. Pope needs to go play in the portal. Let Hall and Rooster do PR
Truth hurts man! Hit dog will holler! I am hollering because I bought the hype

OL was very unimpressive.

King good/not great.

DJ Ivey is not better than Blades, and I think thats undebatable.

DL good against a Conference USA team.

LB's so-so.

It's UAB guys.

Running game has improved, but again, its UAB.

We'll find out more where we're at against Louisville. We're doing what we've been doing; letting sub par teams stick around. Talent disparity allows you to get away with that, but if you're against a good team, you better **** well keep your foot on the gas.

Advertisement
Considering the abbreviated preseason training and the fact that there was probably little to no real game planning tonight, I think we did well. Players will get sharper. King missed a couple of throws but connected on nearly 70% of his passes. He definitely has the ability to making something out of a broken play and convert on 3rd downs. That’s a big component we’ve been lacking. Need to get the WRs more involved though. Most of the passing yards were from the RBs and TEs. RBs are studs. Hopefully the O line can do them justice.

Defense was solid. Line looked good. LBs, not so much. CBs got beat often. Safeties are dependable. If we don’t see any improvement next week with Louisville, then I’ll start to get concerned.

Advertisement
UAB gave up 31 points.

You said Louisville is worse defensively.

Worse defense = more points.
If that’s the bad faith argument you want to make, then have at it. Even though I feel confident that we’ll score more than 31, that’s literally not the point of my statement at all.

Offense: Meh.

We have elite runners with the RB’s and King. O-line looked serviceable, which is a step-up. King needs to work on adding some touch to his passes. Get the TE’s more involved please.

Defense: Solid.

Nesta and Miller flashed at DT. Phillips looks fast as ****. Roche looks great sometimes but is inconsistent. Put the athletes in at LB- only way they’ll be experienced is by giving them experience. Ivey should never play again.

Special Teams: Amazing minus Pope.

All kickoffs and scoring attempts looked easy for Borregales. Lou was booming the ball and had a high net average. Pope muffed the punt and is clearly not a natural returner. Get someone like Marcus Clarke preparer to take over.

OVERALL: Content.

LOTS of room for improvement. With the amount of issues we saw, for us to have won by 17 is a good sign. This game is a loss last year. Let’s look for improvement in game 2 before we get too high or too low.
Very accurate report.

Advertisement
Back