I'm on a 1 game winning streak! **GT GAME 2**

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
You may hate my tough love style of play by play and color commenatary, but I'm 1-0 in the ACC baby!

Let's win two!

Go Canes, we gotta big doubleheader today. The season will be determined right now, IMO!

GT is out of pitchers! We gotta get on 'em early!

Advertisement
Canes were up 7-6 going into the bottom of the 8th. GT has put up 6 to take a 12-7 lead and still only 1 out.

What is the problem with Miami finding bullpen arms? Is it simply a case that we have to recruit so locally and our tuition is so high only the guys who get other aide will come?

I see programs every week bringing guys throwing low 90's out of the pen. Like four and five good arms out of pen.

With us, as soon as we go to the pen that isn't Garcia it's circus music. I'm sure Sargent is a good kid, but he shouldn't be out there in weekend games. Up 6-0 shod never result in a loss.

These are the games you have to bank.

****** loss, two games in a row up by 5+ runs and blow both leads. That's little league crap.

I know the bullpen let this one get away, but what the **** has happened to BRad this year? He was phenomenal last year, seems like every time he's on the mound this year they give him a lead and he just can't slow the other team down. I haven't been watching the games because they're never on where I live, so is it just his stuff isn't as good?

Advertisement
I know the bullpen let this one get away, but what the **** has happened to BRad this year? He was phenomenal last year, seems like every time he's on the mound this year they give him a lead and he just can't slow the other team down. I haven't been watching the games because they're never on where I live, so is it just his stuff isn't as good?

This. It's not the bullpen's fault that BRad can't get outs anymore. Dude was handed a 6-0 cushion.

I see programs every week bringing guys throwing low 90's out of the pen. Like four and five good arms out of pen.

Respectfully, no you don't.

Never been a ****ing match on a message board kind of guy, but Florida State has 4-5 good options out of their pen. Florida too.

Even my alma mater has several guys with much better stuff than ours (Missouri State).

You're probably misunderstand what I said though. I didn't say teams have 4-5 guys throwing low 90's, just good arms.

Pitchers' stuff plays up in short bursts, so a guy who throws 87 as a starter will touch 90's out of pen in short bursts.

Very Tough to Watch this team
Really hope we keep getting better as the season goes on. Bats are there to make a run we just have to cut the crap with errors walks and just flat out bad pitching
We need this game

Advertisement
Advertisement
With all due respect for a great coach, I think Morris needs to examine his future plans. Maybe it is time to let a younger man take the reins. He had health issues last year and has a legacy to protect.

Advertisement
What is the problem with Miami finding bullpen arms? Is it simply a case that we have to recruit so locally and our tuition is so high only the guys who get other aide will come?

With us, as soon as we go to the pen that isn't Garcia it's circus music. I'm sure Sargent is a good kid, but he shouldn't be out there in weekend games. Up 6-0 shod never result in a loss.

These are the games you have to bank.

You have them ... they are sitting molding away on the bench: Beauprez & Zunica. BOTH were brought in as positional players & pitchers. Both are low 90's pitchers & both are essentially sitting the bench. Pitch them or play them (Beauprez has be regulated to Pitcher Only & Zunica to 1st base). So that leaves Beauprez to pitch & Zunica: give him 50 at bats like they are giving Collins & lets see what he can do. btw - do you see the way Morris gets on the defensive when the reporters are starting to question whats up with Collins ... WTH???

Advertisement
Back