I'M NOT DOWN SOUTH SO I'M ASKING

marshallrc13

Senior
Is there any chatter down there about worries of cancelling or postponing the game? I realize by Saturday it should be gone but looking at the weather this morning it looks like South Florida is going to get hit hard the next 2 days.

Advertisement
There's a 542-post thread on the subject titled "state of emergency..."

Last edited:
3947296.jpg

The storm will spare Broward and Dade counties the game will be fine. Just to put the monster this storm is Category 4 Hurricane Charley made landfall and obliterated Port Charotte, Punta Gorda, FL in 2004 with a central pressure of 944 MB. Matthew is already at 944 MB and still strengthening!

Watch on YouTube the winds from Charley as it made landfall and this will be worse! Melbourne, FL and the central panhandle leave now! South Florida will be spared unless it jogs west which it is not expected to happen. Game on!

Advertisement
The storm will spare Broward and Dade counties the game will be fine. Just to put the monster this storm is Category 4 Hurricane Charley made landfall and obliterated Port Charotte, Punta Gorda, FL in 2004 with a central pressure of 944 MB. Matthew is already at 944 MB and still strengthening!

Watch on YouTube the winds from Charley as it made landfall and this will be worse! Melbourne, FL and the central panhandle leave now! South Florida will be spared unless it jogs west which it is not expected to happen. Game on!
and if it loops back NEXT Wednesday the 12th or Thursday the 13th … i'm guessing pot st lacie/stuart area. i'm most concerned about this

Last edited:
I think we're all low key worried about this thing getting canceled

It could easily shift west and hit many harder than expected, we probably won't know until late tonight or tomorrow morning after Miami is in the clear

If it follows its course though then we're good

Advertisement
Yes models say yes it may loop around and who knows maybe Tuesday. Because of the environment might be as perfect as now might be just a tropical storrm. We will see. Miami was smart not to postpone. Other team can still leave Tally Friday like normal and again game on!

If you are in Melbourne or central coast and contemplating leaving again watch Hurricane Charley video. Both systems have/had 944 MB and Matthew is still strengthening!

https://youtu.be/WKzEEmIkMlM

Yes models say yes it may loop around and who knows maybe Tuesday. Because of the environment might be as perfect as now might be just a tropical storrm. We will see. Miami was smart not to postpone. Other team can still leave Tally Friday like normal and again game on!

If you are in Melbourne or central coast and contemplating leaving again watch Hurricane Charley video. Both systems have/had 944 MB and Matthew is still strengthening!

https://youtu.be/WKzEEmIkMlM

So this thing is going to loop back around and possibly hit Florida for a second time? Could it have an affect on the UNC game? **** this Hurricane Matthew!!!

No will be earlier in week and much weaker. I wouldn't worry about it looping around models change all the time. The point is it's on for FSU and worry when it happens later. May never happen way too early to tell.

Advertisement

and if it loops back NEXT Wednesday the 12th or Thursday the 13th … i'm guessing pot st lacie/stuart area. i'm most concerned about this

What was the storm a few years back, Ivan I think, that hit us like 4 different times including going up thought South and out to sea but then looping all the back down into and though the Gulf and hit our west coast as a depression of something. When I was young, one storm was racing away NE through the Bahamas when we went to sleep only to find it racing back dead at us by sunrise. I think it was Betsy. You never know what these thing will do.

I'm optimistic about Miami/Dade & south Broward. I am worried about Snack Jacks in Flagler Beach a favorite bar restaurant that hangs over the beach. Been stoping there for years whenever in the area.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What was the storm a few years back, Ivan I think, that hit us like 4 different times including going up thought South and out to sea but then looping all the back down into and though the Gulf and hit our west coast as a depression of something. When I was young, one storm was racing away NE through the Bahamas when we went to sleep only to find it racing back dead at us by sunrise. I think it was Betsy. You never know what these thing will do.
looks like south miami or the keys is going to see this storm next thursday

Advertisement

looks like south miami or the keys is going to see this storm next thursday

It might end up in the Gulf and hit Tally -- that would be nice salt in the wounds Canes are going to leave on them Saturday.

Advertisement
Back