Im disappointed and got my expectations too high again. I need to vent a little...

Penalties - These coaches did not have our kids mentally prepared for this game. So many dumb mistakes that could of had us much closer in this game. Sickening. (was I the only one yelling at the tv when amari got that targeting on 3rd?)

Rhett - We looked like a team that discovered an offense for the first time in over a decade and a half. But, Rhett got out-coached and showed his gameplan did not work against the top team in CFB. It was embarrassing watching this team try and move the ball. I hope he's a fast learner and can see that his play calling needs to change if he wants to compete on a national championship level. Unfortunately, he does not to appear to be able to make adjustments in game atm and hopes his repetitive play calls will eventually work.

D'Eriq - He has great legs. His arm seems to be less accurate the farther the throw. He will need to be more accurate if he wants to compete at a high level.
Running game - What running game
Oline - Improved from last year because we couldn't block any team last year but has a long ways to go.
WR - We need some playmakers and guys who can hang on to the ball. Some height would be nice too, like that 6'7 kid from VA =) Seriously though, we need some some better coaching or better kids here.

Defense - I thought VA sucked with giving up so many 3rd and longs...well....i guess we do too. The score could of been closer if we could figure out 3rd and long. I was worried about our LB's being our weak spot but honestly, Clemson has a power offense and without some penalties and collapsing on 3rd downs, we would been in this game (if our O could move the ball). Also, our defense was on the field wayyyy too long and they still almost held it together.

Final thoughts - We are a far way off of being a national contender. If our whole team stays and Travis and Trevor go in the draft then we may have a closer game next season. But we are not ready at all right now. Our ability to beat the 2 worst teams in the ACC is nice (even though fsu looks better with Travis) but this team is not elite and not even close to it. If we are able to learn from the beat down and evolve quickly then we may be able to win some tough games that are left. Manny made some decent moves in the off season but for right now, it was not nearly enough to compete at the highest level. He will need to much more if he plans on taking us to that level again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back