If you get what you want.....

frostycane

Junior
IF AG was forced out via public pressure, who would want the job? I mean these boards were split on RS after year two.... Isn't that where the "slurper" term was originally coined? At least to my knowledge it was back on the scout board. There were guys on here who were over AG after the **** Maryland game, yeah his first game coached here.... I came to message boards because I am not from Miami. I came initially because I like following recruiting and learn more about where these great players were actually coming from. How amazing they must have been in high school. Then I just started checking out the football board and got more involved with following along for more than just the football season. I just fear that at this point we have crossed the threshold of causing more problems than anything. I think he should be gone, IMO he has not done enough on the field to warrant no being fired. He has lost his team two years in a row. That is unacceptable to me. However, for whatever reason the University decided to bring him back.

Now, we are learning that we are losing local kids because of all the public backlash at the program. I mean we are in fact giving the program a black eye. And yes it does appear to be a bigger one than the one that the on field product has given it. Maybe not to us as fans, but these local kids are seeing it. That used car salesman AG can sell ice to eskimos and if he can get these local kids to buy in at least the next guy will have something to work with, because I think we all know he will need a pretty amazing season next year to keep this job. Which is the ultimate catch 22 that I think a lot on here dealt with this season, do you root for the team to **** the bed so maybe the BOT will finally fire the guy or do you foot for the Canes to do well even if it meant AG might keep the job....

Let alone if I was a coach who could make 2/3 mil regardless of my surroundings I sure as **** would not rush into the job where the fans made it so bad that the previous guy left... Does that make sense?

I'm frustrated just like you all, I have lost every shred of faith I once had in this guy but we can only do so much. I guess its just a ****** time to be a canes fan...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back