If the rumors of Scarlett to FSU are true...

954nole from 247, pretty reputable as it comes to south Florida recruits. Posted this 80 minutes ago

We gotta wait until after this weekend. Right now it is Miami, but hopefully we can blow him away this weekend.

Advertisement
Token- what do you think will happen with Scarlett?

I don't think he ends up at UM and the staff here is acting the same way. Now whether it's UF or FSU is the tough part.

What do you mean acting that way. They are making sure he stays in the class. Isn't that what a staff is supposed to do?

They are acting like he will not be in this class because they have reached out to a few prospects and it's not that they are trying to bring in 3 backs.

They reached out to Williams because he reached out to them. What other RB's have they contacted?

None.... We would have heard something with a week away from signing day....

I don't think he ends up at UM and the staff here is acting the same way. Now whether it's UF or FSU is the tough part.

What do you mean acting that way. They are making sure he stays in the class. Isn't that what a staff is supposed to do?

They are acting like he will not be in this class because they have reached out to a few prospects and it's not that they are trying to bring in 3 backs.

Do you have any insight on who these prospects are and also have they just started to feel like he won't be in the class?

Ryan Bartow 6570 posts 2 hours ago Premium Post
Scarlett is an all-purpose speed back (4.4 guy) that happens to be in a big back's body (5-11, 220+), mentality wise.
He's best served as a speed sweep and perimeter toss guy.
He's going to have to work on his durability and ability to want to run between the tackles and short yardage power stuff.
Wherever he lands, Miami or FSU, the coaches there may get the temptation to use him an an every down, physical, between the tackles guy, which he's not, at least not at this stage.
He would be best served as a strictly outside the box guy.

Seems to think it's just miami and fsu

People are freakin out like they did w/ Chad Thomas last year.... He ain't going to FSU, UF was the threat there out if it.. Let him take his visit and that's all

I agree with this. Obviously we're all concerned because he is the star of the class, but you can't blame him for taking the visit. I think we all would too - I mean for these kids it has to be a lot of fun. They'll never get to do it again.

Just trust the process...

Advertisement

Do you have any insight on who these prospects are and also have they just started to feel like he won't be in the class?

Williams did not reach out to them. In order for ND to accept his commitment he was told to stop all communication with them and cancel his last visits.

They have reached out to Cronkirte trying to get him on campus this weekend which is not happening at this point.

Other than those 2 there aren't many quality backs left worth taking and Miami has stated numerous times that they have to get 2 backs this class just in terms of numbers.

Advertisement
He's staying home. Canes fans just acting like the girl that got left at the alter too many times...as they should, I guess.

In case you're interested in what the Gator rags have to say about Scarlett...

Florida selling Scarlett on opportunity
by Zach Abolverdi

Miami commit Jordan Scarlett visited Florida last weekend. (Photo by 247Sports)

With the departures of Mack Brown and junior Matt Jones, the Gators are in need of a running back for their 2015 class.

Jim McElwain made the position a priority as soon as he became Florida’s coach, and one prospect he zeroed in on was Miami commit Jordan Scarlett.

The previous staff tried recruit the U.S. Army All-American but to no avail. However, McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier’s history with running backs, specifically at Alabama, sparked Scarlett’s interest.

“It’s attractive,” he said. “That definitely was appealing. The type of backs they’ve used on their championship teams are similar to my style, so that’s a good thing for me.”

The Gators pitched that to Scarlett last month in a graphic that he posted on his Twitter account.

The 5-foot-11, 207-pounder from Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas officially visited UF last weekend, where McElwain, Nussmeier and running backs coach Tim Skipper sold him on the opportunity he has in Gainesville.

“They’re telling me I’m the guy they want and I can come and change the program,” Scarlett said. “With the coaching staff being new, they want players like me to build the team around.”

It wasn’t just the coaches trying to flip Scarlett. Two UF players from South Florida, running back Brandon Powell and cornerback Quincy Wilson, joined in on the action. Powell hosted Scarlett on his visit, and Wilson was teammates with him at University School in 2013.

“They both told me just look at what they did last season,” Scarlett said. “They both played as freshmen, so Florida isn’t afraid to use young guys on the team if they can have an impact.”

Scarlett will officially visit Florida State this weekend and make a final decision afterward, likely on signing day.

“I’m just looking,” he said, “for the best opportunity for me.”

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/19994/florida-selling-scarlett-on-opportunity/

If he is looking for the best opportunity it would be UM and no I'm not being biased. UM produces more Rbs than both UF and FSU and he would get more burn here than for sure FSU maybe about the same in UF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back