Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
Pool A - #1 North Carolina, #8 Georgia Tech, #12 Virginia

Pool B - #2 Clemson, #7 Miami, #11 Pittsburgh

Pool C - #3 NC State, #6 Louisville, #10 Wake Forest

Pool D - #4 Duke, #5 Florida State, #9 Notre Dame

Advertisement
I don’t think we can make up the game we’re behind Louisville (hosting ND) but there’s a decent chance we pass FSU (hosting NC State). FSU (14-12) lost an ACC game to rain so we don’t have to worry about the tiebreaker if we can get all three games in this weekend. Not unreasonable to think we do a game better against BC than they do against NC State.

This would be an ideal pool for us. We showed we can beat Clemple on their turf 2 of 3, and yes - we sucked out loud against Pitt, but they're a beatable team. We were extra sh1tty that weekend they took 2 of 3 from us, but have played better as of late.

I don't want any part of NC State. I think on a good day, we can play with any of the other higher seeded teams, but NC State does too many things too well for us to beat them this year, IMO. I don't care if they're the 3-seed in that scenario or not, I think they're the best team in the conference. I know UNC swept them, but all of those games were tight 1 or 2 run games...plus they handled UNC 8-3 in a midweek matchup.

I would normally want to stay out of a bracket with UVA, but they're way down this year. The lower seed I'd want to stay away from is ND. Not scared of them really, but they're probably the best out of that 3rd tier of seeds even if we did beat them 2 of 3 earlier in the season.

Cabezas had the game of his life against Pitt. Doubt they'd want to see him again.

Advertisement
Looking like we’ll be the 7th seed with Louisville and FSU winning the first two games of their respective series. Still a chance to move up if (big if) we play and win tomorrow along with an FSU loss. Not sure what the tiebreaker would be if Louisville loses.

Pool play is set
Pool A: 1 UNC, 8 Ga Tech, 12 Pitt
Pool B: 2 Clem, 7 Miami, 11 Notre Dame
Pool C: 3 NC State, 6 FSU, 10 Virginia
Pool D: 4 Duke, 5 Louisville, Wake Forest

Not the worst draw for us against two teams we took regular season series from. Clemson will be a tall order though. Cabezas should go against the Irish Tuesday or Wednesday with Bargfeldt against Clemson on Thursday or Friday. Clemson was arguably Jeb’s worst outing, although he settled down after two innings. McKendry would be in line for a start against the pool C winner should we advance.

^
ex0rqf4.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back