If Rosier improves likely to remain starter ~Richt

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
Coach Mark Richt said Saturday that if Rosier improves in the areas that need improvement - primarily accuracy - he’s likely to remain the starter.

“Backing up on this QB thing, it’s not like ground zero competition,” Richt said Saturday before hosting his All Pro Dads event at Hard Rock Stadium. “Malik is our starting quarterback but we are going to let everybody compete and see who’s improved and see who might be able to overtake anybody at any position.

Advertisement
haven't we already hashed and rehashed the same comments in several prior threads?

Advertisement
They not going to say he isn’t the starter so he can transfer after the spring once he graduates... should expect comments like that all spring Imo from richt

I'd be shocked if he doesn't transfer unless he is named the starter coming out of spring.

I doubt he transfers even if no starter is named. Richt isn’t gonna name a starter unless he’s improved drastically and head and shoulders better than everyone else. Otherwise, I expect him to say the competition will extend into fall practice

Advertisement
So basically Rosier will be the starter if he drastically improves. You guys do realize that Richt's setting the bar high for Rosier, don't you?
Richt knows his accuracy is a problem, he mentioned that in the interview today

Should say, “The only way Rosier remains the starter is if he improves.” That, we can all agree with.

I've never seen a quarterback drastically improve his accuracy except in rare cases when he goes from a downfield passing offense to a west coast, short passing offense. Think Jacory under Whipple to Jacory under Fisch.

Advertisement
I've never seen a quarterback drastically improve his accuracy except in rare cases when he goes from a downfield passing offense to a west coast, short passing offense. Think Jacory under Whipple to Jacory under Fisch.
Seeing as how Rosier struggled equally with the long AND short passes, I just can't see it happening.

Ten Wins and you ready to repIace him with an unknown quantity, becuase so many U Qs have done that this century so far... Like Aretha said in the Blues Brothers, "You betta think".

Ten Wins and you ready to repIace him with an unknown quantity, becuase so many U Qs have done that this century so far... Like Aretha said in the Blues Brothers, "You betta think".

If we don't remedy the anemic offense, we won't get 10 wins next year.
The QB competition should be interesting, and Rosier's game experience may weigh in CMR decision. However, we all saw how bad Rosier can perform too. I believe that a Perry, from what we've seen so far from HS, could have the tools to be a very good QB that can move the ball and fvck with defenses and compete with the elite teams, not just the gimmie squads.

Advertisement
Rick has completely fvcked this whole QB1 thing up.

Sounds like he wants to keep doing more of the same.

Advertisement
Back